My hubby and I traveled here in June 2011 for our one-year anniversary/delayed honeymoom. It was truly wonderful. This resort is lovely and so affordable amidst a lot of much more expensive resorts right next door. The beach is heavenly with white powder sand and clear water. The resort's pool is large and has a fun-vibe. Plenty of towels/chairs/pool toys, noodles, etc. The swim up bar is a plus. The water sports gear like snorkel fins, kayaks, etc. were super convenient. A nice perk was the gym but, honestly, it was so basic that was unmotivating to workout there. Running on miles and miles of gorgeous beach was much preferred! It gets hot quickly in June, so you had to run early in the morning. The resort has a basic little spa on the ground level, but it's not fancy or anything. Still, they accomodated my husband and me with a last-minute-scheduled couples massage, and it was fantastic. The staff was helpful and friendly. They even have a shuttle once a day to the grocery store, which is great! For two people, we spend about $110 on groceries and had food for breakfast and lunch for about 5 days, which we enjoyed on our balcony. This saved us a lot of money, as the kitchenette comes well-equipped to prepare some light meals. We even did a load of laundry before we left and came back with clean clothes! The guy who sets up the activities was awesome. (I'm sorry, I can't remember names now). Also, one of the management team showed us another cove about twenty minutes away to snorkel in, which was cool. As a newbie to snorkeling, I forgot to bring a much-needed noodle and he got one for us and cabbed to the cove to bring me a noodle so I wouldn't miss out on the experience. We were flabbergasted at his kindness. He also owns a popular Italian restaurant along the marina that was delicious. If I remember the names, I will update asap.
We ended up cabbing a bit and always getting the same lady, Gloria, who was super sweet. I did not find the cabs to be all that expensive, really. The experience was wonderful and we'll definitely be back to TCI. We would likely want to try another resort when we come again, but we know what to expect at Alexandra and it was just heavenly. The restaurant, by the way, is lively and has a wonderful ocean-side view. The food is great.
Other great restaurants include Hemingway's. Gansevoort had a fun clubby scene at night. The hotel next door - I think it was called Veranda - had an amazing roof-top restaurant. So romantic. We did a snorkel trip with Dream Tours (or something like that) and it was remarkable and fun. Totally worth it! We also snorkeled on our own at Coral Reef & Gardens - memorable and beautiful. My first time snorkeling and I'm so glad I overcame my fears because it was so amazing. Aside from the colorful sealife, we also saw a hammerhead shark and a barracuda over our 6 days there! We wanted to wakeboard one day, but at $200 /hr, we though that was a little pricey.
Weather in mid-June - hot and sunny every day. It rained once for about 30 minutes. It was perfect for sunbathing, snorkeling, watersports, and R & R, which is what we wanted.
I can't wait to go back to TCI! We plan to come back with a few more couples one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Alexandra Resort offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining with the option to book all-inclusive reservations. Guests can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. Alexandra Resort provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, bicycles, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales