We stayed here for 6 nights and generally enjoyed our stay. The place is now called Inn at Grace Bay, the name-change must've been recent because taxis and tour companies still know and call the place Trade Winds. So, if you're taking a taxi from the airport or calling one from the hotel, they will know the place as Trade Winds.
We had a room on the third floor and had a sliver of the ocean to see. The place is not ocean front, but a 5-minute walk to the beach. They have 5 lounge chairs on the beach and we always had chairs to sit on when we go to the beach. The chairs do not have umbrellas, so you have to have your own (the unit we rented had one on the patio, plus we bought another one that we left on the patio as well). The sand on Grace Bay was great- powdery soft sand. The water had an undertow sometimes. The beach in front of the condo was quiet, a walk on the right and left side of the beach would lead you to more crowded areas because of the bigger hotels.
The room was kept clean. They will replenish your towels as you wish. They had breakfast of coffee and pastries only from 8-9AM. They had toiletries in the bathroom (shampoo/conditioner/soap/lotion). We did meet and get to chat with the property caretaker/resident, Shynette(Sp?), who was really nice and friendly, and answered questions we had, she can also arrange for tours and taxis. The property also had a nice pool which was also clean and well maintained. The bedroom only had a curtain, so you would be forced to wake up as the sun goes up because it will get really bright in the bedroom, this was fine for us, but if you'd like to sleep later, definitely bring an eyeshade/mask.
The condotel is walking distance to many restaurants and shopping areas. The grocery was 10-15 minute walk. Everything in Provo were maybe triple the prices as the US. We usually stay in a beach front property when we go to the beach, but considering the price, this place was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Grace Bay is situated in prestigious Grace Bay, Providenciales (or Provo), on a spectacular twelve mile white sand beach. Featuring 12 freshly renovated, self-catering condominiums, The Inn at Grace Bay offers an affordable Caribbean holiday with plenty of relaxation and personalized service. Get the luxury you deserve at a price you can afford and book your next Caribbean vacation at The Inn at Grace Bay - Turks and Caicos best kept secret! Please note that the management photos are the most up to date photos - there are photos on the TA page which pre date renovations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trade Winds Condotel Hotel Providenciales
- Inn At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales