Blue Whale Tours & Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Whale Tours and Excursions Ltd offers a wide variety of tours to suit your needs. We offer Group Tours, Private Tours, Catamaran Water slide Tours and Banana Boat Rides. In addition we do Bottom Fishing, Bone Fishing, North Caicos Getaway, Middle Caicos Cave Safari, Blue Hills Tours, Tour Around the Island, Spear Fishing and lots more.. We are home to TCI's only "Waterslide Catamaran "Maximum Chill"..
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Capt. Smooth and Capt. Anthony took us for a day trip around the island. We had a wonderful time. Our group of six all agreed it was the highlight of our fantastic trip. I highly recommend that you check these guys out if you are visiting Provo! Without hesitation, we will look these guys up when we are back on the island!!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

First off, let me start off by saying that I don't usually post reviews for excursions but this one I feel I must. We arrived in Turks and Caicos on October 27 so we caught the end of hurricane sandy. The ocean outside our resort (Beaches) was red- flagged everyday. On our second day there we met "uncle Ross" and he told us about his offers. At that point, the kids (4 ages 10-15) and my husband and I were not really interested in doing any excursions as the resort seemed to have everything. Well on day 4 of our trip, the kids were getting a little bummed out that we couldn't participate in any water activities due to the ocean and none of them had ever tried snorkelling before. We found "uncle Ross" on the beach and got his price and scheduled our excursion for that afternoon.
Our resort didn't have an ATM machine so somehow I had to get into town to a bank. "Uncle Ross" made a call and we now had a driver coming to get us to bring us to an ATM.
As soon as we got back to the resort- the boat "maximum chill" was arriving right at our dock to pick us up.
The first place we stopped was at Aguanna Island. I was completely amazed at how many we seen and how big they were. "Uncle Ross" had some berries that he gave our kids to feed the aguannas.
We left there and headed to the south side of the island as we were told the ocean would be calmer there for snorkelling (which it was). On the way there he explained what all of the different buildings and places were.
They let all of the children take a turn driving the boat (completely supervised)
Once we reached the south side, we pulled up next to a ship wreck and were properly geared up for snorkelling. One by one we all went down the slide into the ocean. "Uncle Ross" stayed beside us the entire time and was diving to the bottom with the kids for shells and they also seen a few starfish as well as many other fish. They provided us with snacks, beverages, great sights and a great time! It was our most memorable and favourite day of our trip.
2 nights later we decided to do the sunset cruise and again the over-exceeded my expectations. The sunset was breathtaking. Once we got back to our resort- "uncle Ross" brought over some wood and s'mores for the kids to make and built us a fire right on the beach directly in front of our resort.!!! These guys are fantastic!!! I would definitely recommend this tour and we will definitely go again if we return!!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Wow! We met a very energetic and convincing man by the name of Ross who worked for this tour at dinner. We were looking to go fishing. He told us all about what there company had to offer and we booked it on the spot. Here's what was promised.
1. A 9 AM pick up in front of our hotel.
2. All you can drink Rum Punch and Beer
3. Lunch
4. Deep water fishing
5. A whole lot of fish
6. The Boat "Maximum Chill"
7. Ross(the person we met) would be working it.
Now here is the unbelievably worst boating trip I have ever had in my life.
They were an hour in a half late.
There was no rum punch and just a twelve pack of beer for six people with an ice chest as big as my sins lunch pale. The ice chest had no top and the ice melted about 30 minutes into out trip.
There was no lunch
The boat finally picked us up and was not the boat we were promised. Nor was the crew what we were promised. After they beached the boat it took about 30 minutes to help them get the boat off the beach. The owner by the name of "Smooth" picked us up and drove us to the dock to get on the boat. Now after the already ridiculous mishaps we continued with the fishing trip. We go to the south side of the island where the fish are a lot smaller. The crew was not informed that we specifically wanted the deep sea. The boat then started to act up. We put our lines in the water a total of 30 min and caught one 3 inch yellow tail. Because of the engine failure. They literally drove around to keep the engine from going out. We couldn't drop our lines in because of the situation. The boat finally failed and they sent another boat to come get us. When the boat arrived it appeared like the crew was intoxicated. Sure enough when attempting to tow the boat. The big one rams into us really hard. The 2 crews are now arguing amongst each other. As the boats reached a docking area at the end if the island the driver (Ross) was text messaging and almost ran us into the Conch Farm. We then preceded to dock and the boats hit each other again. The customers in the other boat were so terrified that both boats customers got off and took a taxi back to there hotels.

So it we ended up fishing for only 30 min and catching a 3 inch yellowtail for 5 hours stranded in the south side of the island. We then asked for our money back and they did not even offer an apology much less the money we should have gotten back.

STAY CLEAR! THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS!

Be cautious of a deck man named Ross and his cousin the owner named Smooth and the boat with the slide.

4  Thank Larryhawk
Roger C, Owner at Blue Whale Tours & Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We are terribly sorry that your experience hasn't been gratifying. Based on all of our excellent reviews, you can clearly see that we offer a superior, excellent service, unparallelled to none. We have 100's of repeat customers year after year after year. Our boat "Maximum Chill" is the most sought after only water-slide catamaran on island. Our crew is the best. From Capt. smooth, to Capt Anthony. Ross is the #1 booking agent of the year. Again, we are terribly sorry for that day. But as you were aware, the weather was terribly rough and we were one of the only two boats out that day. There was 4 of you on the trip, the guy who paid a deposit on the trip said he didn't want beer. He wants to fish, so we provided a 12 pack just in case. We almost cancelled because of the weather being so bad. So its not really so much our fault. it was just a rough day out at sea. Ask anyone of our reviewers below, I'm sure they will enjoy telling you about the best experience they've ever had in their lives out with us.

However, let us make it up to you the next time your in the TCI. We would love doing so..

Reviewed November 4, 2012

What an amazing experience! Captain Dameko and Ross provided my party of 6 woman on the most breathtaking sunset cruise of my life! Good music, bevarages and great company as we sailed the beautiful waters of Turks! I'm only sorry it was our last night on the Island, otherwise I would have booked an all day excursion! Thank you Captain "Smooth" and Ross for a memorable night!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had so much fun with Captain Smooth our first day out on his beautiful boat that we booked another trip 2 days later! From the great music to the rum punch to diving for sand dollars, conch, lobster and starfish - the boat trip on Maximum Chill (name of boat) was spectacular. Captain Smooth and his sidekick Ross provide such a beautiful memory in exploring TCI. The waters were AMAZING! I highly recommend booking them - and when you do, request a trip to Shell Island. Unbelievable deserted island with white sand and turquoise waters. We will be back on his boat on our next trip that's for sure!