“Our Favorite Place to Eat!”
Review of Sailing Paradise - CLOSED

Sailing Paradise
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you like seafood - this is the place!! My husband and I ate here almost everyday for breakfast and dinner. If you drive down past the Conch Shack, past the park it will be on the right. Amazingly fresh snapper, grouper and conch.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am a critical snob. Especially at restaurants. My guy and I are both from NYC and we dine at the best restaurants, at every price point and easily can pinpoint why a restaurant is a success or failure. We came to Sailing Paradise because we only wanted to eat local food in Turks. Thats the point of travel- to experience the best of what the locals eat, right? If you havent traveled to Turks, Turks is crazy expensve because everything is shipped from the US, DR, Hatit, etc.
Sailing Paradise offers free shuttle service. Orville is the genius manager that thought of the idea of offerring free shuttle service from and to the restaurant. 242 1315/ 347 0720 /344-1914 By TRYING this restaurant you are already saving yourself about $40 of cab fare from the hotel.We happily tipped Orville by getting to our hotel promptly and taking us to the cool restaurant- on a porch table right by the beach! And we initiall thought of spending the cash for a romantic beach side dinner at our hotel. So glad we didnt! The food is incredible!
The conch salad is flavored wonderfly the local way. The conch is meaty, tender, soft and has this ocean taste. Much better then the Conch Shack. Trust me, I ate there the day before Sailing Paradise. We also got the Cracked Conch- perfectly gritty texture fried meaty conch. Delicious! For dinner, we had steamed fish, Jamaican curry coat, and oxtails, both with plantains and rice and beans. The entire meal was do fresh and delicious. You can tell its prepared with love, by local caribbean people who know how to cook local food best. Hands down the best restaurant experience on the whole island- and we only ate local food here. The service is outstanding too! Keisha, our waitress was attentive, friendly, and very informative on suggestions when I asked what was good for that day. One day it was the goat curry, the next day was oxtail. Of course, they have typical american fare but if you wanted to eat that stuff, you would stay at your hotel right? The bill was super reasonable, no 11% govt tax, totaling approx $45-$60 for 2 main dishes, 2 sides, 2 appetizers, and Shuttle Service back to the hotel with our bellies happily full. Thank you Orville, Keisha, and the rest of the Sailing Paradise Team. Aside from the beach, your restaurant was the best unique experience at Turks. Next time we are here, we will be coming multiple times again :)

4  Thank Jen L
Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a wonderful nontouristy find! Even though we had a car, the restaurant sent a driver Chris to our hotel in Provo so that our car can follow him to the restaurant so we wouldnt get lost! What service, wow. The beachfront setting was so cool, with steps down to the beach which our kids loved playing at while the food was being cooked. The cracked conch was like crack, so yummy. Huge portions. Conch salad was the real thing, with loads of conch. The goat curry per husband was solid, and the conch curry with peas/rice was very well seasoned, not too spicy. The waitress was so, so nice...everyone there so personaable. This rustic place will remain in your memories.

1  Thank alp96
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our visit was a bit mixed. Keisha was really nice and friendly. We even joked about her being a celebrity on tripadvisor. Cannot complain any about the setting, it was very casual and nice being right on the water. Our food was what was a bit mixed. Our sons both had fries cheeseburgers which they thought were good. Those were grilled, which is what I think led to the rest of the food being "mixed". My wife got fish fingers which I thought were very good and she liked quite well. I got the cracked conch which was decent tasting but was somewhat cold and soggy. If I had to bet, I think my meal was the first completed, then my wife and sons meals. Her fish was fresh and hot as were the boys sandwiches. I think the timing of grilling and frying was off and they had my conch sitting a bit before it was served. We would definitely go there again if we went back to Provo to give it another try. Maybe the next time we would all get fried food.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The setting of this place is lovely. Pastel colored huts offer tons of photo opportunities and give the illusion of the authentic, island experience. The service was very friendly, and quick as well. Food was good, although passed on the restaurant's specialty, which was/were oxtails (the dish looked very good on another guests plate, but it was a sweltering hot afternoon and I could not imagine eating a heavy, slow simmered meat stew). The fish and conch dishes we had were very good. A nice local find!