“Great Crew, Nice Boat Wish the Fish were Biting Better”

Grand Slam Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: family owned family friendly business , all forms of fishing and tours catered for.The Gwendolyn ( 45 ft hatteras sportsfisher ) Big game deep sea fishing 7000 ft waters just 2 miles from the marina , we are fishing just 30 mins from port in the beautiful calm turks and caicos waters . Catching Blue Marlin Wahoo tuna Mahi mahi Barracuda also Deep drop bottom fishing for Grouper Red Snapper : shark fishing both reef sharks and oceanic sharks ( gwendolyn operates with ( 3 crew ) Captain 1st mate and 2 nd mate we also offer Sportsfishing in( boat is "Wahooooo" a 43 ft perfomance boat ) ( Captain plus mate ) for the outer reeefs and also bottom fishing in the inshore reefs . flats fishing is on our specialist flats boat ( Stingray ) Our Captains are all local and enthusiastic fishermen good times guaranteed please "like" us on FACEBOOK or visit our website
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a great time. We went on the Deep Sea Fishing trip. The crew was awesome and very helpful. We were in between seasons with the fish so we did not have a ton of fish biting. We did get one tuna and a Wahoo which was fun. I would defiantly go with them again when the fish are running better. The crew was all over trying different things to lure the fish.

2  Thank BlownGlassGirl
There are newer reviews for Grand Slam Fishing Charters

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had originally booked a different fishing charter, but when they cancelled due to mechanical problems, we were grateful that Grand Slam could accommodate my family of five. We had no real deep sea fishing experience, but the crew was great about explaining the equipment and what we needed to do. My one son has a tendency to get sea sick and the crew was very attentive to him and provided a lot of preventative tips. (Luckily, he was fine). I read many reviews of different charters from customers unhappy with the quality of the bait and the equipment etc, and based on what I read in those reviews, Grand Slam was using top quality equipment and was constantly moving the boat to find the fish. We caught fish (yellow fin tuna, black fin tuna and barracuda) and even had the requisite story about "the one that got away." One of the highlights of the trip was when they cleaned and filleted the fish for us on the dock, and gave us a taste of the freshest sushi we will ever have. Tips: It is hot on the water! Bring a small towel that you can keep in the ice to cool off, also good for seasickness. Bonine pills for seasickness seemed to really help. Water, chips, and sodas are available on the boat. Bring other snacks if you think you will need them. Bring ziplock bags to store your fish, it will keep for a day or two in a ziplock bag on ice. We brought our fish over to Tiki Hut in the marina and they cooked it for us. If we return to Turks and Caicos, we would definitely use Grand Slam again.

2  Thank Aquarius_6688
GrandSlamCrew, Owner at Grand Slam Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Nancy thank you so much for sharing your experience . It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your trip and got some great memories for your family . Special thanks too for thinking of such practical advice i am sure that many future guests will find your advice useful and they are points that never crossed our mind . We cant wait to welcome you back onboard soon , please say his to the rest of your team love from geoff and your crew

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a great time and the staff was friendly and helpful. I made reservations before arriving in Provo and Andrea was very helpful and it was a delight to meet her in person. I will be back when I return to Provo.

1  Thank Tricia K
Reviewed September 10, 2013

As the title says yes it was supposed to be a lot of deep sea fishing vacation. But it was not to be.
The first trip was on my first full day of vacation. Andrea was a sweetheart arranging the travel and handling the plans. The captain and the driver of the boat were extremely experienced, very knowledgeable.
During the ½ day trip we caught 1-2/3 yellow fin tunas and assorted black tail tunas. Yes I said 2/3 of a yellow fin. Mr. grey suit had a quick lunch one of them.
The not so good things. During the conversation with Andrea I was assured that there would be cold bottled water, sodas and Turk beers. It seemed as though the water, and sodas were left over from the last trip. No Turk Beer. Also it seemed there was not enough ice for the fish we caught.
It also seemed that there was a lack of equipment to repair lures and lines that were bitten off. Just my sense of things. I could have been wrong.
Well I took back to the Club Med the meat of my fish and ate like a king! The first sashimi I had eaten ever! That I will never forget, nor did the friends that I invited to join me.
I was supposed to go on a trip again four days later, but it was not to be. Supposedly after the first sport fishing day I had an injury due to it. I went to see the nurse at Club Med and then also the doctor the next day. I was told I had an upper hernia and should cancel all strenuous activities for the rest of my stay at Club Med.
Andrea, since I know you will read this, I returned home on Friday to see my doctor and the surgeon that I was referred. What I had was misdiagnosed. I could have gone on the trip. I blame the nurse and the Island doctor for the wrong assessment. Sorry.
If I come back to the Turks I will go with you guys again …. Just bring the Turk beer next time! HaHa! Still looking for that Marlin!
Oh I felt this was an off day of fishing. It was still good due to the men in the grey suits.
John

1  Thank John I
GrandSlamCrew, Owner at Grand Slam Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi john , thas for your report w do appreciate it . Andrea is currently on holiday so wont see this until she returns . My name is Geoff and I was off the island during your trip so , sorry we didnt meet but glad you had a good trip and even more importantly that you your health is ok . Glad you saw a lot of actin and like you i agree that trying to beat the sharks when hauling in a stubborn Tuna is sometimes more exciting than merely catching .
In relation to the beers , sorry about that . Our schedules of late have been hectic and sometimes things can get overlooked especially if the crew have been busy filleting between trips .
Glad to hear you are coming back hopefully we can meet up and not only will we ensure we have beers on board but we will have some cold ones at the dockside to celebrate your catch . Thanks again for taking time out to write , its much appreciated , geoff and your crew

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Cap, Marv & Anz were great and really gave me the full beginners spectrum on fishing for Marlin & Tuna's. I went solo while my wife stayed behind at the hotel and Angella was very accommodating with placing me with another group.

Our group caught 8 smaller Tunas and a 12ft Bull Shark. Would recommend GS to anybody visiting Provo.

1  Thank Scott R