“Thank you Coleen and Terria, our stay was magnificent!”

The Venetian on Grace Bay
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We travel to Provo every few months, and the Venetian provided the best accommodation and service that we have experienced on the island, by far. We will not stay anyway else in the future!

We spent a few days at another hotel on Grace Bay Beach prior to our scheduled check-in date. As my wife was very ill while we were there, I asked for a late check out prior to going to the Venetian. I was told with a complete lack of sympathy that my request would be impossible to honor. I walked down to the Venetian just before 8 a.m. to inquire as to the possibility of an early check-in. Although the office does not open until 9 a.m., I met with Terria (the General Manager) in the lobby at 8. Although she had never met me, as soon as I told her about my wife's illness she told me to, "Bring her right down and we will take care of her." Terria then offered to arrange transportation for us if it was needed.

Coleen Chang (Assistant G.M.) then met us as soon as we arrived and got us right into #301. She gave us a tour of the unit and provided me with a cell phone (with pre-paid minutes) to use for both local and international phone calls. We were also pleasantly surprised to find out that each unit has its own secure wireless router, rather than hotel-wide access that most other hotels have. It was much faster and allowed us to do a little bit of work during the week.

#301 was beautiful and immaculate. Although it was enormous (three bedrooms, three and one-half bathrooms), there really was no need for it all as the view from the lanai was almost beyond words, so we spent virtually all of the non-beach time there. The kitchen was outfitted with high-end appliances as well as every single convenience we could have imagined using during the trip. Rather than having to go out to dinner each night, it was an easy matter to buy groceries down the street, cook, and then eat out on the lanai while the sun went down. The property is gated in front and has a security guard walking the grounds each night.

Housekeeping was pleasant, polite and non-intrusive. Beach and bath towels were washed each day, floors moped, dishes cleaned and water replenished. We had one small maintenance issue which was resolved within a few minutes of my mentioning it to Coleen.

Besides Coleen and Terria, the very best feature of the Venetian is its location on Grace Bay Beach. As it is at the very end of the beach near Leeward, it is exceptionally private and quiet. Very few people walked past us throughout the entire day, and my wife commented that it seemed as though we were on a private island. Only one of the unit owners used the beach chairs while we were there, and told us that the privacy was typical.

There is no restaurant on site, which really helped keep outsiders away from the property as well. Bicycles are available to use next door at the Tuscany.

As I had such a bad experience when I requested a late check-out at the other hotel, I was a bit apprehensive asking Coleen whether it would be possible due to our late flight off the Island. My concern turned out to be completely unwarranted as she just smiled and told me we could stay until whatever time was convenient for us prior to our flight. When we did check out she waited with us in the lobby and talked until our driver arrived.

If you are looking for some serenity, the Venetian is the place to stay!

Thank you again Terria and Coleen for the kindness you showed my wife when she wasn't feeling well. You have earned our gratitude and our loyalty!

Room Tip: #301 is a corner unit and the views of the beach are magnificent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lee G

Reviewed November 11, 2013

After visiting any caribbean island you expect to find beautiful water and white beaches but when staying at the Venetian 102 our expectations were not only meant but were surpassed. You walk into a wonderful spacious well decorated condo that immediately gives you the feeling of "island attitude". We loved the fact that you could walk right from your living area unto the pristine beach and that many restaurants were only steps away. We have visited many islands in the past and feel that anyone looking for that piece of paradise would definitely find it here! My husband and I had a fantastic time and look forward to future rentals of this property for it definitely surpassed our expectations

Room Tip: Ground floor beach & pool access!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gwen c
Reviewed October 27, 2013

So here you are, trolling through the reviews on Tripadvisor for an exciting, fun filled place to spend your one-of-the-two weeks vacations you get per year in TCI. You come across The Venetian (or its next door sister property - the Tuscany) - you see all the great but relatively few reviews and you take the chance and hit the book-now button.

You arrive, and WHAT!?! No bars, no restaurants, no evening entertainment, no water sports, no parties or music blasting on the beach, no volleyball net, no kids running around, no one stumbling back to their room drunk, no kids clubs or playgrounds, no casino... nope, there's none of that. If you need those things, there's club med two doors down, and if you have kids - take them to Disney World.

The Venetian is all class. There's plenty of descriptive in other reviews about how great the units are and how wonderful the service is - which is all true, but here's the bottom line. The entire "hotel" is comprised of just about 27 units. Each is ocean facing, has a huge screened-in veranda (and patio if you're on the 1st floor) - equipped with own lounges, chairs and a table that comfortably seats 8. This is a high-end condominium first and foremost, but it comes with hotel-style daily room cleaning service. And mind you, there's a lot of area to clean. The unit we stayed in had 3 bedrooms, each with its own bath. There's an additional half-bath in the hall. There's a large, fully equipped kitchen with brand new Bosch appliances, a laundry room, etc... The master suite, also ocean-facing, has a huge bathroom with large walk-in shower, a whirlpool tub, his and her vanity, etc. I was curious if any of the units were actually for sale, and sure enough, the unit we were staying in is listed for $1.4Million USD (furnished) at just over 2,500 square feet.

So "no" - this is not a traditional hotel or resort. It is positioned at the very end of Grace Bay beach, and in the entire week we were there, it felt like we we're the only ones - with the beach mostly all to ourselves. Fantastic! Better than expected.

Just a few other things to keep in mind. There's a service that for $50 fee they will fill up your fridge with your choice of groceries. There are some dining options within a walking distance but it will get old really fast, so if you want to get around, you will need to rent a car (about $450/week from Grace Bay rentals) and the hotel will assign you your own private covered parking spot. You can use your car to go shopping - there's a large grocery store 5 minute drive, just be aware that food prices on TCI are about 3x more than US. And since you have a car, you can now find all the other sources of island entertainment that you think you might be missing - including plenty of bars, dining options, water recs, etc...

Oh, our unit came with a pre-paid cell phone for us to use while on the Island. How cool is that?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Bob S
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I just returned from a 7-day stay at the Venetian and had to share our experience with anyone searching for the best place to stay on Grace Bay! We were a group of four friends in our 50's who have collectively stayed all over the world and in multiple places on Grace Bay and each of us has vowed to return to The Venetian as soon as possible! After personally staying at other locations with my family and really taking the time to look at other resorts first-hand during our prior visits, I know that we would be disappointed by comparison if we stayed anywhere else. We stayed in Penthouse 701, which was beautifully decorated and furnished with everything that we could possibly need (beautiful robes, linens, beach towels, a blender, ice-maker and ice bucket, a media room with surround sound, a ball and claw soaking tub in the master bath, fabulous toiletries, a safe, full-size washer and dryer in a large laundry room, a telephone preloaded for local phone calls, etc). After taking in the breathtaking and uninterrupted panoramic views of the ocean and Grace Bay as we entered the Penthouse, we were in awe of the open and expansive floor plan. We had three bedrooms with ensuite baths, a separate powder room, a very large kitchen with full-size appliances and a long counter with comfortable bar stools (all four ladies enjoyed occasionally cooking in the kitchen at the same time!), dining and living areas, a large media room with a pull out sofa, a wrap-around terrace that included a huge enclosed area with a second dining able and a separate seating area. Everything was new and very high-end. The comfort and beauty of the Penthouse persuaded us to stay in and lounge and eat simple meals with great wine on a few evenings. Our "life of leisure" was made possible by the phenomenon housekeeping staff. Each day the dishwasher was run and emptied, bottled water was replenished for each of us, clean beach towels were placed in the laundry room and the whole unit was completed cleaned while we were out. Even though Provo is a relatively safe location, it was comforting to know that the resort is gated (you receive a key fob with a remote that opens the gate) and there is on-site security. I wish I could take the groundskeepers home with me! Each day they were quietly pruning, weeding or cleaning and the results of their hard work were evident in the gorgeous landscaping which was both lush and manicured. Every morning we found our way down to the lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas that were waiting for us on the ocean where we immediately dropped our towels, cover ups, etc and went into the warm and clear blue water. We took long walks in both directions along the beach. Some days we had a light lunch on the terrace or brought it down to the beach. On other days we walked to the Grace Bay Club, Seven Stars and once we even walked to the Gansvoort at the other end of Grace Bay for lunch and (well-deserved!) drinks.

Coleen Chang and Terria Misick are the wizards behinds the curtain when it comes to the magic that is The Venetian. Before and during our stay they helped us figure out a wonderful itinerary of dining, activities and transportation (taxis and the use of free bicycles) and when our plans changed, they happily helped us reschedule. Each of us commented on their amazingly helpful and cheerful dispositions multiple times during our stay. They truly care about their guests and do everything in their power to ensure that guests enjoy every aspect of their vacation.

I seldom take the time to write reviews but if I ever felt motivated to spend my time and energy recommending a destination, this is it. I hope it is as helpful to readers as other reviews have been to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank travelfarandwell
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and i stayed at the Venetian 102 in June and had a wonderful time enjoying everything this amazing condo has to offer. The condo, beach and ocean were incredible, so much so that i returned to 102 again in lateJuly to fall in love with this part of paradise all over again. It is trulya wonderful place to vacation and i recommend it wholeheartedly.
102 is a 3 bedroom 3 1/2 bath condo on the first floor and is great for beach access. Just walk
out the back door and experience an unbelievable beach and amazingly clear ocean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim C
VenetianOnGraceBay, Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Coming once and having a great vacation is superb, but coming a second time and having even a better visit than the first is simply amazing. We’re looking forward to your 3rd visit – to your new home away from home.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our family of 4 (two adults, 19 and 22 year-old kids) returned last week from a 9 night stay at The Venetian. We had peeked around at The Venetian (during our stay next door at the Tuscany) on our last visit to Turks &Caicos two years ago as they were just nearing completion. While we were beyond pleased with our stay at the Tuscany, we decided to try the newer Venetian this time around. We were once again thrilled with every aspect of our accommodations.

We stayed in Penthouse 703 and felt like it was the best unit on the property based on the unobstructed views. There are huge windows and porches that take full advantage of the fantastic beach views. The unit itself was very spacious and had absolutely everything we could ever need. The housekeepers did a fantastic job of keeping our unit spotlessly clean, and I appreciated the fact that they had no problem with waiting to come and clean whenever it was most convenient for us. Even though there were only 4 of us, she gave us 6 new big fluffy clean beach towels every day. We did several loads of laundry (they have a full size washer and dryer) and she replenished our laundry soap each time. They also provide dish soap and paper towels at the sink and replace those before they run out as well. The housekeepers ran the dishwasher and sometimes even unloaded it.

We only ate a few meals out and so we did a lot of cooking in the unit. The kitchen was wonderful and had high-end appliances, granite countertops, etc. There is a gas grill onsite that you can use, and they even have a shopping cart stored by the dumpster that you can use to transfer your groceries up to your unit in one easy trip. I was thrilled to find that they had every type of cooking utensil, pot, pan, etc. we needed. We baked cookies and brownies, cooked a huge pot of spaghetti sauce, made daily smoothies in the blender, etc. and I felt like I was in my own kitchen. They also provided local coffee for the coffee maker and replaced the bag before it ran out. They even provided 6 water bottles for us each day. I felt like they are really aware of whatever needs you might have and they try to accommodate you before the need arises.

We also appreciated some of the special touches that made us feel at home. We really enjoyed looking out at the great views through the binoculars that were in the room. We even saw 2 dolphins (Jojo maybe??) swimming in the shallow waters one evening as we were eating dinner on the porch. While we brought several movies from home, they also provided some DVDs and a selection of books. We really enjoyed watching movies in the relaxing TV room on several evenings.

We loved watching the sunset each night as we ate our dinners on the screened-in porch. We got to enjoy a few quick rain showers while staying nice and dry on that porch as well! The open sun deck was also a wonderful place to enjoy breakfast and just relaxing in the sun.

The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. We had heard that many places only provide air conditioning in the bedrooms, but we appreciated the fact that our entire unit had great air conditioning throughout.

When we go to Turks, we generally go to just relax as much as possible and we were able to do that. We spent much of our time walking on the beach, reading under an umbrella in the nice beach chairs they provide. Most of the time we were the only ones using them! We were there during the slow season and there were never more than a few units occupied during our stay. Even if it had been busier, I doubt we would have ever felt cramped since the building only has 27 units and plenty of beach space.

We also enjoyed a good bit of snorkeling on this trip. We spent one day snorkeling at Smith's Reef (we saw a small whale come out of the water as we walking on the beach toward the reef!) and then snorkeled at The Bight in front of Coral Gardens. We rented a car throughout our stay so we were able to drive all around the island exploring and also go to the grocery store, restaurants, bakery, etc. We also really enjoyed snorkeling several times at a neat spot just a short walk down the beach to the East of the building. You can easily see a section of large rocks that jet into the water from the beach and there are lots of varieties of fish there. We always bring our own snorkeling gear on beach vacations so that we can snorkel whenever/wherever we want.

We also enjoyed a fun game of tennis one night using the free equipment they loaned us from the front desk/office.

While we were somewhat careful about keeping an eye on our belongings, I appreciated the fact that we always felt very safe at all times. Unlike on some other vacations we have taken (Puerto Rico especially!) where we felt like we had to be hyper-vigilant about guarding our things and being "on alert" regarding our safety, we felt comfortable at all times while on the island. I appreciated the fact that we felt like we could walk away from our things and leave them on the beach without fear of someone robbing us. Not that I would recommend leaving valuables out, I'm just saying we never felt like we had to be extra cautious. We also appreciated the extra security of being in a gated resort with a guard who walks/bikes around the property and is very visible in the evenings.

The location of The Venetian was also a big plus for us. We loved that it is technically the last resort on the end of that section of Grace Bay, so you can walk to the East and see very few people. We enjoyed being close enough to restaurants and shopping and the just minutes away from the heart of everything, but still being on the quiet, more secluded end. It was so peaceful and quiet at all times, but especially at night. Really the only sort of "party" activity we saw on our night-time beach walk was several doors down at Club Med. If you are looking for "nightlife", you won't really find much of it, but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing family vacation, Turks and Caicos and especially the Venetian can't be beat.

Overall, the people everywhere on the island were very warm, welcoming and kind towards us as tourists. Coleen, the manager/concierge at The Venetian was perhaps the kindest and most accommodating of all! She worked with my husband before our arrival, responding to his emails and answering his questions. She was ready and eagerly waiting to welcome us when we arrived, and even let us check in early. She walked us to our unit, while a kind gentleman wheeled all of our luggage up for us. During our stay, Coleen checked in frequently to see if she could help in any way in answering questions about things to do, arranging a boat rental, traveling to the other TCI islands, etc. She met up with us as we returned "home" after day outings just to see how things went and make sure we were having a great time. She even came out to chat with us briefly out at the beach one day. She was never obtrusive, but simply very kind and caring doing everything possible to make sure our vacation was perfect in every way. We were truly heartbroken when our incredible trip came to an end it was time to leave paradise. Coleen hugged us goodbye and said she hoped we would return again and we really meant it when we said we certainly hope we will!

One of our best vacations ever, with incredible, personalized customer service unlike anything we have ever experienced anywhere else. (Except maybe when we stayed at their other property, The Tuscany, which was very similar and also extraordinary!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tallpeople4
VenetianOnGraceBay, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

What an incredible review, thank you thank you thank you for being so kind to take time to write this thorough review on our Resort. You’ve captured so many highlights of what makes a stay at The Venetian so very special for our guests. We pride ourselves on delivering very personalized service, and glad to read that you’ve enjoyed our luxury/island/resort hospitality.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

First of all, Coleen Chang really loves her job and she truly cares about her guests. She is nice, kind, and one of the most helpful people on the island. Even before my family and I arrived she was helping to make arrangements and schedule reservations for dinner and excursions. She is well organized and very prompt in getting back with you. This is all done at no charge to the guests. Coleen is completely delightful.

We were extremely impressed with the luxurious condo. We stayed in 102 which was perfect. We could walk right off the patio to the beach. It was always clean, thanks to Rose. She was another blessing. Rose was always there at the same time to make sure that everything was clean and that we had what we needed. The kitchen is fully stocked and we never needed anything that was not provided. The bathrooms have hair dryers. The Venetian also provides laundry detergent for your laundry needs. Beach and pool towels are provided for your use during your stay.

Now let's talk about the beach. Oh the beautiful beach! It is calm, clear, and welcoming. It is also very clean. We often felt like we were there alone. There are comfortable chairs and umbrellas there for guests.

We can't wait to return to Turks and Caicos. When we do return we will return to The Venetian. We had such a spectacular time we can't say enough positive things about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family