“Good food and great people”
Review of Upstairs Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Upstairs Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: French Caribbean cuisine done on the BBQ, well priced, quaint outdoor seating, bar scene and located in the heart of Grace Bay.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Upstairs Bar was right next to our hotel, so we stopped by for happy hour on our first night. The food was very good, we had cracked conch, conch chowder, jerk fish, and bbq chicken. Food came out quick, service was good, and one of the guests had recommended we get the caribbean lobster because it's in season and the staff member told us he was getting it fresh the next day, so we stopped by again and the lobster was very good, it had a lot of flavor and the perfect texture.

There are newer reviews for Upstairs Bar and Grill

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a whim simply because they had live music during what is apparently the off season (early September). We found the staff to be very friendly and highly accommodating, even adding a table to accommodate us on their main patio during a Monday evening, so that we could watch the live music. For that we were sincerely appreciative. Unfortunately, things went down hill from there... Ultimately, after waiting for a painfully long time, we FINALLY received our dinner. I had the Jerk chicken and my wife had the "catch of the day," which was grouper. Both meals were plated nicely and were highly attractive, however, both entrees' were also cooked to the point of being dry and my jerk chicken was more like incinerated. On one the bright side, I can't grill worth a darn and who ever grilled my dinner made me look like Bobby Flay! I'm guessing from other reviews that this was a very off night and I certainly hope so... Generally I liked he place and certainly the staff was pleasant and inviting. Hopefully the kitchen will get it together and do justice to an otherwise nice place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I were exploring the island and required an afternoon lunch. A very polite young gentleman approached us to advertise the Upstairs Bar and Grill. We had the jerk grouper and the daily special of red snapper. Both were wonderfully presented, perfectly spiced and full portions. The mojitos were fabulous! It took a little time, because the mint had to be picked from the garden and the chef had to re-clean the grill. The people were friendly and helpful. A great spot on Grace Bay for a very reasonable price! Sweet Spot!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

It took our fourth visit to Provo to discover Upstairs Bar and Grill!
Good food, great service and very good value for your dollar.
I ordered the daily special (Fish) which was Red Snapper and was so pleased with the quality and presentation....all for $14.00???? My husband had the pasta with lobster ($18.00) which was great! Best Caipirinha's since our visit to Brasil!
Prices were very reasonable and gave us the opportunity to try the BBQ Pizza, which was very good. We made it all the way to desert...again did not disappoint.
Will definitely return on our next visit.

1  Thank labate
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Loved it. Great local character, great food, and good prices. Our best value for being here for a week. Anyone who says this average is a food snob. Get the Jerk chicken.