“A little expensive and a little snooty”

Garam Masala Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 158 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Garam Masala, the home of authentic Indian cuisine on Providenciales. One of the few restaurants to offer air conditioned indoor dining, and an open air lounge & dining area, Garam Masala is comfortable, no matter the weather or season. The professionally designed interior is stunning; the perfect atmosphere to enjoy a delicious meal, and the company of your loved ones. Traditional Indian cuisine is complemented by an accompanying menu featuring items for the younger, or slightly less adventurous, diners in your party. Garam Masala is one of the few places where residents and tourists mingle to enjoy food and ambience. Stop for a drink in the open air lounge, then stay for lunch or dinner to sample the finest Indian cuisine in the Caribbean. Each visit to Garam Masala will be a delight to all of your senses, and will please every member of your party
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Food was OK, not great, not bad. One server was close to rude but our second waiter, a man from the Philippines, was warm and helpful. If you're expecting inexpensive Indian cuisine you'll be disappointed, after all, this is a resort area. $15-$25 for entrees.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having lived in India for 20 years and since then been on a mission to find the delicious Indian food anywhere outside of India, Garam Masala was like a blast from the past and like eating at a neighbourhood restaurant in Delhi. The chefs are from India and they don't mess with the flavours...the food in my mind was at the same level if not superior in some cases to Tamarind NYC, Rasika DC, Tashan Philadelphia, The Setai Restaurant Miami,now closed Veera's Way Chicago, to name a few...Here's the thing though- if you want good Indian food, don't order things you would usually not see on an Indian menu- soups, whole fish??, random vegetables. Stick to the basics- seekh kebabs, chicken tikka masala, kadhai paneer and some kind of lamb. We ate here two days in a row, both times in the patio which is a way cooler ambience than the inside. So the service was a bit slow, but where else on the island is any different?

. Vinny the owner is awesome- very helpful and friendly.Can't wait to come back here on my next trip to TCI...best of all it is so easy to access from any resort in Grace Bay beach..just walk on the beach and turn into the Regent Village

2  Thank LoveLuxuryHotels
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed on Provo and LOVED Garam Masala!! Can't wait to eat here again. I had the chicken tikka masala, it was very flavorful. The interior decor is wonderful... The server made a small error when making my drink and quickly had it corrected. The tables outside were lovely, and there is a nice couch seating area available, too. Thanks!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We love to eat and after 6 trips and so many locals urging us to come here we finally did

And I can honestly say the food was absolutely delicious. Started with some nice and spicy conch kebabs which had the texture and flavor of the best Falafel you will ever eat. Their Chicken Tikka “pizza” on naan bread was very satisfying. We are naan junkies and their garlic naan is some of the best we’ve had.

Chicken Tikka Masala is perhaps a dish I’ve eaten more than any other in the world. I’ve had it mostly in various restaurants in NYC, in London (Indian food heaven) and eat it by my work often. I could tell when this one arrived by its color that it will be good. The only not telling part was the tenderness and texture of the meat which can be often dry and chewy. This was as close to perfect as I can remember.

Dal Makhani was probably even better. They cook the lentils for 12 hours each night and the result is a flavor festival. As with the Tikka Masala, heat is not very present and not very needed (Indian food is not necessarily about heat). Lamb Kadhai, thick stew like with some heat and big complex flavors was another winner. I kept going back and forth between the lamb and the Dal saying “this is my favorite. No this is my favorite”, while the Masala was staring at me going “come to Mama..”. Another tasty snack here is the Chicken kebabs, although if I have to choose I’ll take those conch kebabs thank you

After the meal I did not feel like I just ate something heavy as I often do at home. A fantastic lunch! Big flavors from real ingredients. This is closer to some of the better Curry Hill or even Michelin Star establishments in NYC. Highly highly (thats 2 highlys!) recommend Garam Masala

1  Thank ziggy60
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not a great Indian. We got a take out, although the restaurant itself is nice, the ambiance is definitely great. The food on the other hand, was just ok. Naan was awful though, tough and very hard to chew. Wouldn't recommend this place.