“Day on a deserted beach”

Catch the Wave Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Catch the Spirit of the Turks & Caicos Islands with Captain Edward Missick and his offering of private boat charters. Catch the Wave Charters is best known for its bonefishing charters, but also offers a variety of other adventures in the caribbean waters of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Explore the Caicos Islands in comfort, style and elegance. Bottom fishing, deep sea fishing, snorkelling, beach cruising, cave safaris and Reggae sunset cruises are a few of the private charters available to you.
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

After taking a full day snorkeling excursion with another operator, we wanted to go back to one if the deserted beaches we saw in the Caicos Cays off Provo. We chartered Catch the Wave -,they supplied transportation, beach umbrella and chairs, we brought our own cooler with lunch and drinks. We also had our own snorkel gear. After a semi rough ride out to the island we were set up on the beach and as promised we were the only ones there all day. It was heaven. Did some sunning, beach combing, snorkeling and my husband got a run in. Only complaint is the chairs they gave us were ancient - both broken and mine rusty so I just laid on my towel in the sand. For the amt we paid, they need to improve this. Everything else, including our captain was great. Awesome day away from it all.

All reviews
"fort george"
"party boat"
"rum punch"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"day trip"
in 3 reviews
"barracuda"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

The initial idea was to go deep sea fishing but after about an hour and a half of no luck we decided to try bottom fishing instead. Luckily captain Ryan was more than open to it and he helped us catch a few fish including a yellow tail snapper, strawberry grouper, awesome blue colored slippery fish and the most awesome one, a two foot long barracuda. Everyone at catch the wave was friendly and we had no issues on the water. Great adventure!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

You have to come to expect that offshore fishing in August in T&C would be slow. I run a charter boat myself and I know the difficulty in summer fishing. What I ask for is the charter boats take you to the places where the fish are and make an attempt (or at least look like an attempt) at finding fish.

The captain made the mistake of mentioning that there was a hump 8 miles off the reef that held fish. So naturally that's where I want to go. It was 2-3 fters and he mentioned it was be too rough. We were on a 30 ft Intrepid made for fishing offshore in 3-5s. The majority of our party is experienced fisherman who do not get seasick.

I asked the Catch A Wave if we could leave earlier. If you're targeting yellowfin they bite at first light. Nope, they couldn't deviate from their 8:30 am hotel pickup.

Thankfully I wasn't expecting much. These charters would never fly at home. You'd be out of business. At least this charter they actually put ballyhoo behind the skirts.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Fishing for the first time! (Bottom/Reef Fishing) The crew baited the line, and threw the line and help pull fish in. After I got the hang of it, I was able to bait my own line. BRING HAND SANITIZERS! they didn't have anything but water. Not much for snacks, small bag of chips. But we were full from breakfast and brought a few snacks of our own. Rum Punch is ranked as #1, 2 and 3. 3 Being the strongest. Specify when you book. :) When we had no luck fishing at one location they went to other locations. It seemed like if we didn't get fish they didn't get paid; so they worked hard to make sure we caught fish. we ended up with 20 fish after about 2 hours. Nice. Then about 30 miniute snorkeling.