We were at OCW from Feb.21-28 and were thoroughly impressed. We had been to Turks & Caicos before, many years ago, at an all-inclusive, but wanted to try condo living in a smaller resort. This resort was all that we hoped for and then some.
We had booked a 1 bedroom deluxe suite and asked for a 3rd floor room since we'd read about the great vaulted ceilings. People have complained about the stairs, but we had no issues - it's actually decent exercise given all the great food we ate!
Having a full kitchen was fantastic. We had all our breakfasts and most lunches on our fully screened in lanai; it was so wonderful to be eating outside but not worrying about bugs or birds.
We also made ourselves a few candlelit gourmet dinners (candles provided by the condo), again sitting outside enjoying the warm Caribbean breezes sans mosquitoes :)
The unit was well equipped with washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, ice maker, toaster etc. etc. They also provided laundry soap, dish washing liquid and dishwasher powder and TONS of toiletries; hotel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion (at least 6 of each), 6 full size bars of soap, plenty of Kleenex and bathroom tissue and so on.
The grounds of the resort are clean and well maintained, as was the pool and beach area. As others have mentioned, there was never an issue finding a lounge chair on the beach. The pool was a bit tougher at certain times of the day, but we always managed to find 2 chairs together.
This is a very compact resort. It is an easy and quick walk to and from the ocean to your room or to the lobby or to the restaurant. It is also very quiet and peaceful. There is no disco or "animacion" like in an all inclusive, but unlike a traditional condo building, there is a great restaurant and bar, a spa, and of course, daily housekeeping. For us, this was the best of both worlds.
We would not hesitate to go back, and honestly, we would seriously consider buying a unit there one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales