“Best on the island!”
Review of Seven

Seven
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seven, for the finest dining in Provo, at Seven Stars Resort, our contemporary island cuisine is anchored in the rich culinary traditions of the Turks & Caicos Islands. From fresh local seafood like conch and Caicos lobster to seasonings that echo the island's once vibrant salt-mining industry, the ingredients we gather represent a modern day quest for farm to fork goodness. Elegant yet thoroughly approachable, Seven is modern island cuisine wrapped in reverence for time honored techniques and tradition. Join us and discover why Seven shines above all others.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was probably the best meal of the entire trip. I had the ravioli. Everything from salads to dessert was awesome!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Yes, it's pricey, but so is everything here. Seven was worth it - we both got the Caicos lobster with a papaya risotto and it was really nicely done. I was impressed by the three different butter compounds and three different sea salts served the the bread. Service could have been a little bit more engaging, but it wasn't bad at all. We went on the earlier side and didn't make reservations - it was pretty empty at around 6, looked a little more crowded later. It definitely appeared that there was some training and technique going on in the kitchen.

1  Thank Eatdrinkandgo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good food , spicy fair, service was good, atmosphere was good, in between a parking lot and a hotel entrance.
Better places on the island to spend our money.

1  Thank Rob B

Dear 'Rob B',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Seven. I am very grateful for all feedback, whether it is positive or not as this helps me to monitor the service which we provide.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that I have taken on board your comments and preferences.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a great restaurant. We really enjoyed the food. The staff was super friendly and efficient. The wine list was quite nice.

1  Thank JODI11963

Dear 'JODI11963',
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Seven on tripadvisor. Your feedback is gratefully received as it helps me to find improvement wherever necessary.
I shall pass on your lovely comments to my staff and if possible I shall try to make improvements on the wine list.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to rely your thoughts and I look forward to welcoming you back to Seven in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Having been to most of the nicer restaurants on the island, I must say I would not put Seven among the best. The setting is just ok. They do a nice job secluding the outside seating with bushes, but the fact is you are quite close to a parking lot. Seemed like a strange location. The food is above average. Not the best on the island, but still good. For appetizers we had a Caesar salad, lobster ravioli and tomato salad, all of which were good. We also had a battered soft shell crab dish which was terrible. For entrees we had a mixed bag. The tuna was very good, as was the "shrimp in a purse." However, the mushroom ravioli was just ok. For dessert we had the coconut creme brûlée which was outstanding. However, what pulls this restaurant down is the service. The server did not know any of the specials, and when he went to check to see what they were it took him forever to come back. Rest of the dinner service was also slow, particularly waiting for the check, which seemed to take forever. So all in all, not a disaster but there are certainly better restaurants on the island.

2  Thank Jim Y

Dear 'Jim Y',
In reference to your recent meal at Seven and subsequent post on tripadvisor, I am very sorry to read that your time spent with us was not up to your expectations. Clearly something went wrong with our safeguards on providing you with our usual exemplary service and for that,
I apologize.
Guest satisfaction is very important to me and I shall review all your service comments and preferences in an attempt to make sure that this does not happen again.
I think there may have been some confusion regarding specials as we normally don't offer these. We do offer a 'prix fixe' menu between 5.30pm and 6.30pm consisting of 2 courses for $45. I am very sorry over this confusion and I will endeavour to make sure that it will not happen again.
Once again thank you for taking the time to let me know this. I realize that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but now I can focus on highlighting the areas where improvement can be found.
Yours sincerely,