“The most awesome kiting trip ever!”
Review of KiteProvo

KiteProvo
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
Reviewed November 16, 2015

This is by far the best kiting location I have ever been to! We rented our gear from kite provo for the entire week. We also went on their their boat one day for a kite adventure. The owners, Mike and Chris were both very responsive and accommodating in our communication from the time we were just planning the trip to the time we ended our trip.

The gear (kites, boards) were very new and were in very good condition. We were very impressed with their equipment and were very happy with our rental. In the boat trip, we had the captain, Matt, take us to Iguana Island. The island was just spectacular.

My boyfriend is more of an advanced kiter while I just recently learned to go upwind and that location was perfect. He was able to do whatever new tricks he wanted to try and I was able to practice my transition on the shallower area. When I felt confident, I went on to kiteboard to the deeper area. There were a few times where I needed help and Matt was always ready to help. He was not just a captain, but was there to help us with rigging and all too.

This island was so beautiful; we are so happy we made the decision to book that trip. The iguanas there were not shy at all. They were just there - near us while we were rigging the gear and launching. It made for a truly unique experience.

I loved kiting in Turks and Caicos so much. We are so happy that we got to rent the gear from kite provo. It made our flight so much easier (without having all the gear with us). We have friends that want to learn to kiteboard and we told them that there is no other place to learn kiteboarding than in Turks and Caicos. We should hopefully be back again soon - this time with friends. I highly recommend kite provo to people wanting to learn how to kite or people who would like to rent gears. Thank you Chris and Mike! Thanks to Jessica for being so welcoming and friendly too! I forgot the name of the instructor from Estonia and his girlfriend - they were also very nice and accommodating. Thank you guys! :)

1  Thank MonetteJonas
in 16 reviews
"private lesson"
"learning how"

Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked paddleboarding on a whim, just through a Google search during our visit to Provo. We had an amazing day with our guide Wes who led us through the mangroves, seeing sea turtles and sharks just inches away from us! I had little experience paddleboarding before this, but I was fine! It definitely is physically challenging, so don't expect a leisurely paddle the whole time, but Wes assured us that if we needed any help he was available for a tow. He was very knowledgable about the mangroves and the island as well, so additionally we learned a lot that day! I would 100% recommend the excursion to anyone who wants a new perspective of the island, an up close look at some wildlife, and a great workout while working on your tan!!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2015

We attempted to kite board last week and even though the wind wasn't up to speed enough Hunter did all he could do for us. I appreciate these guys more then I can explain. Chris was extremely helpful with the booking us and did all he could do for us to make it work with short notice. I would highly recommend these guys over all the others on the island and if you can book with hunter. Next trip there we will be attempting kite boarding through Kiteprovo again over anyone else on the island! Thank you guys,

Derek and Monica- The Honeymooner

2  Thank derekbD9489ZR
Reviewed August 20, 2015

Great guys, well organized, very cool place! The gus at KiteProvo were terrific. No hassles, effective coaching and super results! Long Bay in TCI is an amazing place to learn. Consistently steady onshore winds, warm and shallow waters and a picturesque setting. I'm hooked!

3  Thank Hugh A