“Kiteboarding Excursion by Boat....Try to Imagine”
Review of KiteProvo

KiteProvo
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

If you are a kiteboarder (of any skill level), try to imagine the perfect day. For me, it would be a private island lagoon, steady 18-22 mph wind, flat water slicks, and sunshine on sparkling clean turquoise water. I'd also want to bring along a few (just a few) close friends, and I'd want the non-kiteboarders to feel as stoked at the end of the day as I.

On a recent trip to Providenciales, I spent my first day kiting at Long Bay. It was perfect: wide open launching/landing/riding areas, constant trade winds, knee-to-waist deep clear blue waters, and bleached-white sand beaches. I really didn't think it could get any better.

At Long Bay, KiteProvo conducts kiteboarding lessons, and I was impressed with the skill and professionalism of the instruction I observed that first day. Later that evening, I was lucky to join with a small group that had booked a kite excursion with KiteProvo for the following day.

Mid-morning, we met at the marina and loaded kiting and snorkeling equipment into KiteProvo's spacious boat. Mike Fox, the owner of KiteProvo, was our host and captain, and he took us on a kiting adventure that I'll always remember.

The journey itself was memorable, with sightings of sea turtles and gorgeous island scenery. But the private island lagoon that we visited was breathtaking, and the day that unfolded could not have been better.

The five kiters in our group had perfect flat water conditions in a shallow lagoon, all to ourselves. Our two non-kiters explored the uninhabited island and came back raving about the beautiful beach on the leeward side. Their descriptions convinced us all to check it out, and it was indeed the perfect beach. The day could hardly get better until, on our return trip, Mike took us snorkeling at a sunken ship with tropical fish galore in clear aquarium-like water. All the while, Mike was professional, accommodating, knowledgeable, skilled and fun.

If you are looking for a 5-star kiteboarding experience, one that may exist for the moment only in your dreams or imagination, I highly recommend the kite boat-excursion with KiteProvo. Mike will tailor and personalize the trip to meet the needs and desires of your group, and I promise without hesitation that you won't regret this grand adventure in the Turks & Caicos.

4  Thank 883_Jim_M
in 16 reviews
"private lesson"
"learning how"

Reviewed August 15, 2014

A buddy of mine is an avid kiteboarder and recommended Kite Provo for lessons. Craig met us at Long Bay and was very professional, easy going, knowledgeable and patient. He did a great job first explaining all the safety rules, as well as how the kite reacts to the wind and a kiteboarder pulling on the bar. By the second lesson I was up and running. What an amazing feeling to be gliding across the warm waters of the gorgeous Long Bay. I can't wait to go back and kite board there again. And it's all thanks to Craig and Kite Provo.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I took kiteboarding lessons with KiteProvo and I think that was a very intelligent choice! Because kiteboarding is a very dangerous sport that you can not learn by yourself. KiteProvo is the first school that opened in Long Bay Turks & Caicos, a perfect spot to learn.The trainers are very experimented and patient. I especially liked Mike that has good listening skills and is capable to take you at the point you are and bring you at a higher level. Craig was very good too, he explains clearly your mistakes so you can improve and pick up quickly. I sincerly recommend KiteProvo if you don't want to loose time and learn fast.
Sophie & Edward

1  Thank Sophie G
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our two teenage sons took lessons with Hunter and had a blast! He was professional, very knowledgeable and related well to both of them. However, perhaps even more remarkable - during the second day of lessons the wind lightened up to the point that it was difficult for beginners to work the sail effectively to stay up. While at least three other instructors not with KiteProvo stayed out in the water with their students - Hunter came back to the beach, waited for the wind to strengthen - and when it didn't, only charged us for the time actually on the water. Can't recommend KiteProvo highly enough. And, the boys loved Hunter's blue "Barbie" car!

2  Thank Annette G
See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I decided to try kiteboarding during our second trip to Provo on July 10 and 11. We spoke to a couple who had just finished kiteboarding at Long Bay and they recommended KiteProvo. We had no previous experience doing anything like this and were excited just to attempt it. We decided to go with private lessons so that we can get the most out of our sessions. It was well worth it! Mike and Hunter were excellent instructors. They were knowledgeable about the sport and very thorough in going over the safety procedures. They made us feel comfortable. We had so much fun that we feel that we have picked up a new hobby. We are trying to figure out when we're going to make another trip to the island so that we can kiteboard again! You can kiteboard anywhere but doing it on Provo was perfect with the crystal clear blue water. Thanks again Mike and Hunter!

3  Thank Natural_Roots9