“Sam Becker”

$125.00*
and up
Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour Through Mangrove Estuaries
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
Davidson, North Carolina
“Sam Becker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Sam was the best! Took 3 lessons with him and was up and boarding the third time! Very patience and extremely knowledgable of different styles and abilities!

1 Thank Beth Folger C

Acton, Massachusetts
“Fun, great instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I took the fundamentals with Dave from KiteProvo, and we had a blast. Folks over there are all very friendly, fun and enthusiastic and learning from Dave was a great experience, putting us at ease, making sure we were safe and working at our own level and making us laugh through it all. Definitely returning asap, long bay beach is an incredible place to learn!

1 Thank Diane H
Phoenix, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Personal Instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went to T&C in January 2014, never been kite boarding and this seemed like the best place to start. I called Kite Provo, spoke with Mike, and asked if I could do the two classes in one day- Kite Fundamentals and H2O Fundamentals. He asked about my fitness level and what physical activities I have done. Being an experienced snow and wake boarder, he suggested the personal instruction and I should be sailing by the end of the lesson. So I booked a personal lesson for the following day, at which point I was picked up at the time specified by Hunter Viator, and taken to the location that they do the kite boarding.
Within 40 minutes of instruction, Hunter had me on the board in the water. He was very knowledgeable, patient and had great instruction on how he saw me progress through the lesson.
I would definitely refer Kite Provo and Hunter Viator to anyone looking to try kite boarding or spending a few practice hours in the water in T&C. Great time.

2 Thank Greg V
Ottawa
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Excellent Instruction - Friendly Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Last year I took a lesson from the folks at Kite Provo (my 4th overall, but first from them). This year they gave my 15 year old lessons and I brought my own equipment (aside from a board, which I rented from them). My son has had some time flying my small trainer kite so he had some basic understanding / skills. With the excellent instruction he progressed very quickly. It only took him 3 hours of lessons to get the basic skills (although the instructor says he is a natural). Now he and I are going to share my gear and take turns boarding on Long Bay.

The Kite Provo people are wonderful to deal with, professional, friendly / easy going and committed to improving your skills and getting you out on your own safely. The Long Bay location is great for beginners, the water is very flat and you can walk out for an incredible distance with the water below your shoulders (knee / hips at low tides).

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ChairmanMike
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Kite Boarding Lesson Super Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Mike of KiteProvo is a patient, kind and informative instructor. After assessing the wind at various locations that morning, we met Mike at the beach (although he was willing to take us there) and my first kite boarding lesson began. It was so much fun and Mike made it easy. His instruction was superb, and in a short time I was flying my kite beach side. Eventually I went into the water and the second part of the lesson began. The beach was sandy, not rocky, and the water clear, turquoise and shallow, perfect for any beginner. I was always able to look up and not worry about rocks or crashing into anyone. If you find yourself in Provo, and always wondered what kiteboarding is like, give Mike a call at KiteProvo! He will see that you have a wonderful day and thanks to Mike, I have the bug, and am on my way. I look forward to a second lesson.

Visited December 2013