“Memory of a Lifetime”

Fast Track Kiteboarding Camp: Best for Beginners
$350.00*
Intermediate or Advance Private Kiteboarding Lesson on Long Bay Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Before leaving for a soccer trip with my son to the Turks and Caicos Islands; I thought maybe I could sneak a Kiteboarding Lesson in. So I started emailing Kite Provo 6 months prior, pinging them once in a while...knowing deep in my heart that I probably shouldnt spend the time or the money since I havent ever been able to get up on the board before. Time crept up on me and I emailed them once more. Every message was positive, encouraging, and easy going. When I got there one more email scored me a lesson with Mike. He came to the hotel with a big smile and drove me to the most perfect location. In light wind Mike ingeniously worked me through fear, anxiety, and apprehension. I am getting on in years so I wasnt expecting anything but fun. He knew exactly when to give the "old Lady" a break and would hold the kite for me so I could catch my breath. I remember thinking there is no way I can go on. After asking him, how much more time do I have and hearing an hour and a half, I was like Oh geez, I gotta pull myself together. Just when I was about to give up, He said....Just go back to pulling yourself part way out........................I was up on the board and went over a quarter mile. I was screaming and crying yelling and sobbing. My dream came true in Turks and Caicos...Mike is my Hero.

1  Thank JackieS678

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm reluctant to give too enthusiastic a review and create a mass influx of people to this hidden jewel, but if you find yourself in Turks and Caicos looking to kite I had the best experience with Mike Haas guiding me. Have already purchased all my kite stuff and now looking for my next vacation break to go back and do more kitesurfing.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Terri, Wayne and Mike are the dream team of instructors. Mike took two of us out one sunny afternoon in Long Bay and as extreme beginners, we each took turns aternating between cheering and attempting to kite surf. Mike is a gem...patient, highly competent, fun guy. I could have stayed praticing until we ran out of light. The conditions are idyllic...large shallow bay, warm water and a few kite surfing pros in the background for inspiration. I have got to get back there for a week and kite surf every day.

2  Thank jennifer n
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Terri could not have been a better kite surfing instructor for our introduction to the sport. She was reassuring, clear and positive every step of the way, making it all seem do-able and easy. She broke it down for us in to easy-to-master, understandable stages - each lasting only a few minutes but just long enough - which gave us a sense of confidence. "We can do this!" we thought. The water was gorgeous, shallow for what looked like forever, and warm, and we were able to body surf with the kite very quickly. This gave us a sense of the kite, the wind, and the fun. It was amazing - really exhilarating and great fun.

1  Thank dafnab
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had 3 lessons with Mike at KiteProvo and they were excellent. The best instructor I have had. He is patient and can tell you how to fix what you are doing wrong.and it really works. The location is excellent. The water is consistently shallow for miles, the sea floor is soft and free of coral, etc and the wind is either on-shore or cross shore. Unfortunately, I only had 3 days of wind and 4 without Mike and Terri were exceptionally helpful in giving me advice about accomodations and car rental.

1  Thank David H