“The wind at your back and the sun in your face...” 5 of 5 bubbles

$125.00*
and up
Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour Through Mangrove Estuaries
More attraction details
Owner description: KiteProvo is your premier kiteboarding school in the Turks and Caicos Islands since 2006. We have only certified IKO and PASA instructors to teach you the exciting sport of kitesurfing aka kiteboarding. We specialize in personal attention to each and every student and strive to exceed your expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The wind at your back and the sun in your face...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I just so happened to run across Kite Provo when I was exploring Providenciales in my rental car. Had I not, I don't think I would have even thought to try my hand at kite surfing (to be fair I did not do much research at all before coming on my trip - last minute). I wanted to write this review to tell you all what a great experience I had with Kite Provo and that it should be a MUST on your trip to Turks and Caicos.

I am very adventurous and think I can do anything - so being a newbie at kite surfing was a little hard (more on the mind than anything). However my instructor, Wayne, was professional and patient. Patience is definitely needed when learning this sport - the wind will take you where it wants if you're not careful. Wayne probably spent the entire time telling me to relax :)

I would suggest dedicating at least 2 lessons (3 hours each). It is just too much fun to not spend more time learning the sport. I had to do the one lesson because of my time constraint. (which was still great, if that is all the time you have). But I will be back for more - just a hop, skip and and a jump from ATL.

Booking with them was easy - they take credit although they prefer cash (no transaction fee on either of you). They also provide pick-up and drop-off service to your hotel.

I suggest learning a little about kite surfing first; maybe download a podcast on the subject. Although I don't think I could have had a better teacher!! I think I could have been a better student and at least have known a little more about the sport. :)

Thanks Kite Provo for making my trip to Turks and Caicos so memorable!

1 Thank MAGIMOO

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best part of my trip!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I absolutely can't say enough about my experience with KiteProvo. It was by far the best part of my entire trip. Mike was extremely knowledgable, professional and always went above and beyond!! I had one day course and two supervised practices and I was getting up, making turns, feeling safe, and kiting on my own by the third outing:)) Amazing and all because Mike not only was an incredible instructor, but he was very good at understanding his students and adjusting to suit different personalities. Kiting will be a part of my life and I will always be thankful to Mike for teaching me such an incredible sport!!! Thank you, thank you! I will be returning to the Turks and Caicos and I will be looking forward to another lesson... hopefully an advanced lesson, by then on how to do tricks!

1 Thank Lauren Pauline G
New York City, New York
“Awesome Kiteboarding Instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

My introduction to kiteboarding was with KiteProvo a few years ago. I visit Provo frequently and have had the pleasure to be instructed by both Terri and Mike. They are both excellent knowledgable and patient instructors. I highly recommend KiteProvo to anyone seeking instruction of any level.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We love kiteprovo....and so will you:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

It's official. We are hooked on kiting and hooked on kiteprovo.  We just spent a week with the kiteprovo family and can't say enough about the fantastic experience we had.

Firstly - you won't meet nicer people anywhere. Mike, Wayne, Terri and Mikey are simply great people. They truly treated us like family the entire time we were there. They picked us up in the am, drove us to the beach, got us up and out in the water and then made sure we got back to our hotel safely after our lessons. On days with no wind they found other things for us to do- Mike and Mikey took us on a tour around the island, took us snorkelling and paddle boarding, showed us local eateries...all out of the kindness of their souls. They went above and beyond all expectations to ensure we had a great time- we truly can't thank you guys enough:)

As for the lessons themselves...I had the pleasure of spending three gorgeous mornings on the long bay shoreline with Wayne - the 'ginger' haired lad newest to the kiteprovo team. He was endlessly patient, courteous and professional, somewhat hilarious and best of all, an effective and enthusiastic teacher. It's rare to get that kind of enthusiasm from your teacher as they stand, freezing cold in waist deep water after walking you upwind countless times, watching you struggle to get up (and perhaps having a few minor heart attacks in the meantime as you crash your kite onto the beach or something like that) but I was lucky to be under the instruction of someone who knew exactly what I was doing wrong and knew exactly how to fix it so I could get up on the board! It was a toe curling experience to be up and riding around. Sure, it cost me a pair of sunnies, a few inexplicable bruises and a few gallons of swallowed seawater, but I'm officially hooked and will be back for more - hopefully sooner rather than later! My sister had the pleasure of being taught by Mike who is gifted, patient, talented and kind. These guys are great at what they do - and the shallow sandy shoreline makes Turks and Caicos the perfect place to learn to kite.

If you can't already tell...we loved everything about the kiteprovo team - but most of all we loved the people. When we left a few days ago, we hugged goodbye like we were leaving old friends.........

....and then we realized....we were:)

We miss you guys already,
'the girls' - Carolyn and Catherine

2 Thank Carolynhui
miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kite lessons anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Terri is a great teacher, really learned a lot in 4 hours, and felt really confident on the water with the gear. I'm definitely coming back ASAP!

1 Thank yogisurfer2009