“We love kiteprovo....and so will you:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of KiteProvo

KiteProvo
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour Through Mangrove Estuaries
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We love kiteprovo....and so will you:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

It's official. We are hooked on kiting and hooked on kiteprovo.  We just spent a week with the kiteprovo family and can't say enough about the fantastic experience we had.

Firstly - you won't meet nicer people anywhere. Mike, Wayne, Terri and Mikey are simply great people. They truly treated us like family the entire time we were there. They picked us up in the am, drove us to the beach, got us up and out in the water and then made sure we got back to our hotel safely after our lessons. On days with no wind they found other things for us to do- Mike and Mikey took us on a tour around the island, took us snorkelling and paddle boarding, showed us local eateries...all out of the kindness of their souls. They went above and beyond all expectations to ensure we had a great time- we truly can't thank you guys enough:)

As for the lessons themselves...I had the pleasure of spending three gorgeous mornings on the long bay shoreline with Wayne - the 'ginger' haired lad newest to the kiteprovo team. He was endlessly patient, courteous and professional, somewhat hilarious and best of all, an effective and enthusiastic teacher. It's rare to get that kind of enthusiasm from your teacher as they stand, freezing cold in waist deep water after walking you upwind countless times, watching you struggle to get up (and perhaps having a few minor heart attacks in the meantime as you crash your kite onto the beach or something like that) but I was lucky to be under the instruction of someone who knew exactly what I was doing wrong and knew exactly how to fix it so I could get up on the board! It was a toe curling experience to be up and riding around. Sure, it cost me a pair of sunnies, a few inexplicable bruises and a few gallons of swallowed seawater, but I'm officially hooked and will be back for more - hopefully sooner rather than later! My sister had the pleasure of being taught by Mike who is gifted, patient, talented and kind. These guys are great at what they do - and the shallow sandy shoreline makes Turks and Caicos the perfect place to learn to kite.

If you can't already tell...we loved everything about the kiteprovo team - but most of all we loved the people. When we left a few days ago, we hugged goodbye like we were leaving old friends.........

....and then we realized....we were:)

We miss you guys already,
'the girls' - Carolyn and Catherine

2 Thank Carolynhui

miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kite lessons anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Terri is a great teacher, really learned a lot in 4 hours, and felt really confident on the water with the gear. I'm definitely coming back ASAP!

1 Thank yogisurfer2009
Fredericton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Days with Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Every day with Mike at Long Bay was a great day. Picture perfect spot with great steady wind,shallow soft sand water,positive vibes all around. Mike was warm,focused on a safe and enjoyable kite experience. Great teachers give all the info and smart gentle reminders you can use in the next few minutes.
Mike is a great teacher. My wife felt calm knowing I was in good hands .
Hope to get a chance to get back for more lessons A.S.A.P. at KiteProvo.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank James M
New York City, New York
“awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

great experience. very small student to instructor ratio. instructor truly cares about progress and addresses particular needs in order to enhance experience. have had some follow up questions as well which he has helped me with in effort to get my own trainer kite. plan to return next Jan and use KiteProvo again! - Jesse

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jesse G
Smithfield, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for more....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Did three days of Kiteboarding with the folks at Kite Provo. What an incredible experience. I've wanted to try it for years. I'm totally hooked now. Did my first lesson with Wayne and the next two days with Mike. These folks are awesome. We had so much fun.
They do a great job at setting you up with a building block style of learning. They add little bits in at a time until you have the complete picture. I never once felt overwhelmed or out of control.
One of the biggest things that I noticed when working with them, is that they were genuinely concerned with more than just your money. I really felt like they shared in my excitement. You could really tell by the smiles on their faces with each small accomplishment that I made.
I walked away feeling that I had not only gained some new skills, but new friends as well.
First class operation! Thanks to all.

Visited January 2012