“Perfect white sandy beaches for kitesurfing and superb instructors”
Review of KiteProvo

KiteProvo
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour Through Mangrove Estuaries
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and longest running kiteboarding school in the Turks & Caicos, since 2006. We have the most experience and most importantly, “Our Instructors Make the Difference!” We utilize bluetooth radio communication helmets in order to offer you just the right amount of instruction at the right time. This also eliminates watercraft which are noisy and a waste of time. We utilize this for all advanced beginners to advanced lessons. Our Instructors Make the Difference At KiteProvo, they know that the instructor makes the difference. KiteProvo has assembled a team of not only top level kiteboarders, but instructors that match our philosophy of taking a personal interest in the success of each and every student. Kite Provo then trains them in the art of communication and how to change teaching style to meet the learning style of our guests and new friends. The school manager, Chris Moore, has been teaching kite sports professionally since 1990 and kiteboarding since 1999. In 2002 Chris wrote the teaching manual for instructor certification, pioneering the PASA Kiteboarding Division. Using his extensive experience and passion for teaching, KiteProvo has trained the highest caliber of instructors on the planet right here in The Turks and Caicos. KiteProvo will strive to constantly exceed your expectation and guarantee that you will also have a fantastic time.
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Mike picked me up at my hotel and personally toured me around the island and showed me the sights. I had 2 superb days of kiting in an ideal setting. On one side of the island, Long Bay, the conditions were perfect with flat water and waist deep as far as the eye could see. On the other side of the island, I kited all the way from Fort George all the way back home to Grace Bay finishing in the setting
sun. (see my picture which I submitted). That was one of those moments that I will remember forever. I am making plans to come back.

All reviews
"private lesson"
"these guys"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I'd tried kiteboarding in the past with other kiteboarders and became convinced the sport was beyond my grasp.. But meeting Mike and Terri while visiting the beautiful beaches of Turks and Caicos, I was enticed to try again and I'm so glad I did. Mike explained the techniques and gave me the specific tips and pointers I needed to get up and riding my first day. I cannot wait for the chance to come back! Kiteprovo is absolutely the best place to learn to kiteboard.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

This was my first visit to Provo TCI, I usually travel standby through continental airlines. They have just opened the ewr to pro route so I was easily able to get on. I had a short stay of 72 hrs and since the winds looked good to kitesurf, I packed and was in Provo in no time. Unfortunately, my hotel stay was cancelled. I got in touch with terri at kiteprovo and then met her at long beach to kite. She kindly offered me a place to stay at the cottage, and even got me fruit and crackers for lunch...:) i also rented my board from her. The following day. I kited the whole next day, only taking a break to go eat lunch at da conch shack, the jerk chicken is a must. I was able to get a room at comfort inn, and partied the night away at Danny bouys. My last day was spent sight-seeing. Mike and terri were awesome in helping me out, they made my stay effortless and very enjoyable.....can't wait to get back to TCI. All in all an epic trip.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I scheduled kiteboarding lessons for me and my family. It was a lot easier to learn than what I expected. My kids felt very comfortable with Terri and Mike. If you go to Provo, kiteboarding should be on your list of activities!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My boyfriend & I decided to try kite surfing for the first time on our recent trip. Terry & Mike were recommended by the owners of the villa we rented for the week & it proved to be great advice! We did ~2 hr lesson on the beach on day 1 & then ~2hr lesson on the water on day 2. In my opinion, that is the best way to learn - first you learn the strength of the kite and how to read the wind, then you add the elements of water and the board. We really enjoyed Mike & Terry, they made learning fun! We can't wait to go back and learn from them again!

1  Thank PaulaPalmTree