“best thai food in the vicinity”
Review of Thai Orchid

Thai Orchid
Ranked #62 of 147 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2011

we dined here on a sunday just because there weren't any other places to get a filling, hot meal.. wifey got the pad thai which had, IMO, a little bit too much fish sauce.. i got the yang chow fried rice (generous proportions) and satay chicken, which had really delicious sauce.. we dined outside too, which was nice.. the owner (or i think he's the owner) chatted us up a bit, he's a cool chap.. it can be a bit pricey when you add up those appetizers though..

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I eat Thai food every week sometimes twice a week in the US. The food is not outstanding but I go there at least once every time I am in Provo. The Coconut Soup is very good. I always have the vegetarian version and they give you plenty of vegetables. The Panang Curry is also good. I did not care for the Pla Rad Prik. It tasted OK but not crispy like my favorite restaurants in the US. This could be a fantastic dish with all the fresh local fish. They are missing a great opportunity. Nancy is very nice and very friendly.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

This is a an ordinary-appearing storefront Thai restaurant. It's located in the nearly-deserted Regent Plaza which is a bit depressing but close to many of the main Grace Bay condos/hotels (with ample parking for those driving). Food and drink options are what you'd find at any run of the mill Thai restaurant anywhere in the US, with the addition of a couple of dishes that feature local seafood. The food was fine but nothing special. They do take-out. Our server only spoke Creole and a few words of English; she managed to get the right order based on item number from the menu. There were no Thai people in sight anywhere in or around this restaurant.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

The food tasted awesome and was very authentic. However the prices are quite steep: Soups are $9, starters around $10 and entrees cost $18 (although the restaurant is very casual). For two people we paid $100.
If the food wasn't that expensive, we probably would there eat every week. But in this case we will rather go there every once in a while.
The owner (? cook / main waitress ?) is very friendly, the other one didn't say a single word the whole time she was serving us - literally.

Reviewed December 16, 2010

Of course, I eat Thai food every chance I get. But three meals here in six days was bordering on excess even for me. Now I regret not having eaten there more often.

The coconut soup (that's what they call it) was superb, with jsut the rigfht amount of lemongrass. And the mango curry and the panang were first rate. The duck in red curry sauce was excellent, although I would have preferred crispy duck for my taste.

A choice of spiciness with one to three chillis for zest was accurate. I like my food hot, so most of my choices were two or three chillis. Not disappointed.

Authentic Thai cuisine in Providenciales. Who would have suspected it?

You will pay an extra dollar or two because of it being Turks and Caicos, but the meal is well worth it.

If you want beach ambiance, think Mango Reef or Hemingway's. But for great Thai food that will put some zest in your life don't miss the Thai Orchid. And send some to me, please!