Point Grace
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$789
$567
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$595
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$550
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$560
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$918
$612
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$697
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$800
Hotels.com
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$364
Travelocity
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$369
Hotwire.com
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,250
Orbitz.com
All reviewssorbetcottage suitethe cottagesfruit skewersatlantic suiteclaw foot tubpool barhardwood floorsice bucketother resortsboutique hotelquiet zonefull kitchendinner restaurantcomplimentary continental breakfastpool sideparty scene
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Point Grace is a lovely intimate boutique hotel. The first night we stayed in a poolside cottage which was great. It had a full kitchen and all the space we could need. However, the second day we wanted to see one of the ocean view suites and as soon as we wallked in the front door and witnessed that spectacular view, we switched rooms! The suite/condo had too much space for 2 people but the view and the balcony could not be better. The staff at Point Grace was very attentive...especially Mary!

The morning breakfast bar was nice but we often chose to have breakfast on the beach at Hemingways or at the Salt Mills Plaza Diner. Graces Cottage has great food and the best atmosphere for dinner. Our other favorite dinner spot was Coyaba. Our least favorite dinner was at Mango Reef, skip this place and opt for Coyaba, Graces Cottage, or CoCo Bistro instead.

We rented a car for a day and had a blast checking out the other resorts on the island...especially Amanyara. One of our favorite things to do was ride bikes every morning. Grace Point has plenty of bikes available for their guests.

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos but it will not be our last. We hope to go back every year and we will stay at Grace Point on every visit! Thank you to all of the staff for making it such an amazing vacation!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovelove2travel
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Just back from an AMAZING trip to Point Grace – Oct. 25 – Nov. 1

Please forgive this being such a looooong report. I am still on a high from this incredible place!

Departed JFK a little behind schedule - no biggie. Landed in Provo around 10:50am. Stepping off the plane and feeling that hot sun on my face was glorious! Getting thru customs at the airport was very quick and we were soon whisked away to begin our stay in paradise!

We arrived at Point Grace within 15 minutes. We were given fresh cool towels, then taken on a short tour of the property…then up to Suite W202 (Middleton Cay Suite). As soon as the door to the suite opened and we saw that view, we knew we were in for a great vacation! We couldn’t have been happier. The rooms were lovely and very clean. We unpacked our bags and were on the beach by 12:30 to start working on our tans. They served us our lunch on the beach – nice!

Our friends flew in from Baltimore to meet up with us at the resort (their first time) and it was fun being able to show them around since we were familiar with the island.

Most days were spent just relaxing at the beach, going for long walks, lounging by the pool with a good book and a good drink!

We did a snorkeling excursion with Sail Provo. We did this last time we visited the island and loved it so much, we decided to go with them again. Rob and Steve made sure we had an enjoyable day.

Point Grace took care of our car rental for us. Having a car is definitely a “must-have”. Getting around the island is very easy and so many great adventures to go on. First things first… went directly to IGA to stock up on staples for the week (i.e., milk, water, bread, fruit, cheese, crackers and wine, wine, wine)! Over the course of the week we drove out to Sapodilla and Taylor Bays….up to Northwest Point and stopped at Amanyara for a tour of the Pavilions, a drink at the bar and a light lunch. Around Silly Creek (Emerald Cay) and the Chalk Sound area, Blue Hills, Long Bay Beach, etc., etc. We didn’t notice an over abundance of stray pot cakes this trip, but there were cats EVERYWHERE! I think every restaurant we went to had at least one. If you are allergic to cats…….don’t forget to pack your allergy meds!

My view of Point Grace: A little slice of heaven. If you are looking for solitude, relaxation and a real “get away from it all” kind of vacation, a great place to unwind……then you will love this resort. The suites are beautifully decorated and the service was wonderful (but not intrusive). The lush, tropical landscaping is impeccably maintained. October seems to be their slow season…I only saw about 6 other couples at the resort during our stay..so we really felt like we had the place to ourselves.

We also had a semi celebrity sighting. For anyone who is a fan of the reality show “The Real Housewives of New York City”, we saw Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, twice. Once at the Gansevoort having dinner at the table next to us and again at the airport. She was standing in line in front of us and I snapped a photo! She and her new “young” BF were on our flight back to JFK.

Restaurants this visit….

Bay Bistro (Sibonne) – had lunch AND dinner here. Food was really good especially the lobster.

Bagatelle (Gansevoort). Went twice in one week for dinner! Try the bone-in rib eye for two. They bring it out after it’s cooked for your approval – then they slice it off the bone before serving. Best cut of meat on the island (IMO) - Just FANTASTIC!!!! Girleen, our waitress was the best!!!!!

Anacoana (Grace Bay Club) – Food IMO was “okay”…..nothing to get too excited about. The only thing my husband liked here were the light up menus! Don’t get me wrong, the atmosphere is lovely, just wasn’t impressed with the food…and at those prices I should have been. I don’t mind paying $$$$$ when it’s worth it…..this really wasn’t.

Coco Bistro – great food, great atmosphere.

Sharkbites (Turtle Cove Marina)……Great burgers!

Grace’s Cottage – by far, the nicest atmosphere (IMO) and the food is great.

Las Brisas for lunch….sat in the Gazebo overlooking Chalk Sound (what a breeze)! Food was great.

Note: When dining “al fresco”, be sure to put on your bug spray before you leave your resort or you will get eaten alive.

Thanks to everyone on this forum (and you know who you are) for sharing all your knowledge of this wonderful island. Will we be returning…you bet!

And now for the Pièce de résistance…….the link to my photos!! Please forgive me, as I’ve posted a TON!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!!!!
[--]

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Point Grace is situated in what seems to be the most beautiful, peaceful and quiet part of Grace Bay. When you are on the beach, it always seemed like you were on your own private beach. When by the pool, everyone is extremely quiet, just reading books and resting. We loved the sign by the pool that stated "Quiet zone, no noise allowed". We stayed in the first floor cottage by the pool, and it was lovely. With the updated kitchen, hardwood floors and modern amenities, including TV, it was great. We also loved the turn down service that they provided at the end of every afternoon. It was great to kick back with no little kids around or any noise. If you want a place to relax, unwind and just be, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smithfoodies
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This is my 2nd time back to Point Grace, my husband and I went last summer in August and loved it so much we came back this year in July.
The landscaping and exterior of the cottages and oceanfront buildings were beautifully well kept (considering the hurricane last year). However, the suite felt not kept up. Yes, these suites/apartments are owned so that may have something to do with it, but we were a little disappointed.
Firstly, we stayed in the oceanfront suite ( 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath). There were missing knobs in 2 of the bathrooms, the wood vanities were old and tired looking, and the curtains in the master bedroom was sort of breaking...basically small details that made me a drop unhappy.
Also, when we arrived to our room I saw a big pile of dust underneath our bed and I figured they would clean it eventually, however it was still there the day we left. Not very nice to have dust balls all over.
Also, the reclining chairs at the beach were completely gross, (last year they were nice and new) paint was chipping everywhere and scratched my husband and I.
The towels at the pool and beach had holes all over them, and the floating lounge rafts for the pool had big holes in them as well. Last year everything seemed new and clean and nice. Not this time.
Even the beach did not seem as clean as it was last year.
I felt the front desk people could have been nicer.
Now the good, the weather was beautiful, the housekeeping lady very sweet, although she never swept the dust under the bed away, service at the pool and beach was good. The place is very relaxing and we enjoyed our time despite the fact that the suite felt like it needed some renovating. Would we come again next year? Nope. Many more beautiful hotels on the island that have newer rooms and are friendlier.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marissad
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I recently returned from an incredible two week stay (June 29th-July 13th) at Point Grace Resort. I stayed in an upstairs cottage suite and loved it! The kitchen had marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances. There was a very nice balcony overlooking the pretty pool and gorgeous landscaping. I also was able to see the ocean from the balcony and two sides of the cottage.

The continental breakfast was nice. There was oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, cheese, meats, bread, pastries, juices and coffee. The servers, Merlande and Richard, were very kind to me. We had great conversations each morning, Thank you!

The beach/pool servers would always bring a bucket of ice with bottled water and a spray bottle to the beach or pool for all guests. In the morning, he would bring fresh fruit and in the afternoon delicious sorbet! Leslie was the best! He was so friendly and hardworking!

I enjoyed the complimentary happy hour each day from 5:00-6:00 at the pool bar. The Managers' Coctail Party every Wednesday was great! The management and staff are such friendly people and the food was quite tasty! Thank you!

The front desk staff recommended a reliable and honest taxi service, Mary's Taxi Service. Coven was usually the driver. What a nice, well-mannered young man. His rates were always fare and reasonable! Thank you!

I had such a fun and gorgeous private boat ride along the coast of Provo, Little Water Cay, and Half Moon Bay with G and E Tours. Captain Kimmit, a native of Provo, was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a nice 26 foot twin engine boat. The boat came right up to the beach in front of Point Grace to pick me up and drop me off. G and E tours offers van and boat tours, snorkling, and/or fishing by the hour as well as half and full day trips. I paid for a 2 hour tour, very reasonably priced! I highly recommend! 649-241-3124 Terry, a local on Provo, thanks for recommending G and E Tours.

Point Grace is a wonderful, small, quaint , very clean resort. The layout is perfect, four adorable cottages, two beautiful oceanfront buildings, beautiful landscaping, nice pool, pool bar and great views of Grace Bay Beach. I loved being on "The Point", there was always a fabulous breeze. Even when the resort was at 50-60% occupancy, it seemed as though it was almost empty. Each day there were periods of time that I was the only person on the beach. There were very few children, no more than 5 children on any given day during those two weeks. Some days, only 1 or 2 kids. The children were well-behaved.

I can't say enough positive things about the staff at Point Grace. They were always kind and helpful. Many of them addressed the guests by name. What a nice, personable touch. It was a pleasure getting to know several of them. There are too many to name all, but here are a few very special people: Ms.Mary, Isheka, Nadia, Narada, Leslie, Merlande, Richard, Pete, housekeeping... Thank you for making my trip even more
enjoyable.

If anyone would like more detailed information, please PM me and I'd be happy to try and answer any questions. I will definitely be returning to Point Grace!

Thanks to tripadvisor member Ajax, for highly recommending Point Grace.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo