My husband and I traveled with another couple to Point Grace the first week of December. It was pure luxury...amazingly relaxing. We both stayed in upper level suites at the poolside cottages. We could see the ocean from our suites. The suites were clean, updated, tropically decorated and spacious with full kitchens and washer and dryers.
I could not have asked for a better experience staying there (except for the reality show –Baseball Wives that was being filmed there that week). The resort is really top notch with friendly outgoing staff. Mary, the front office manager always went out of her way to make recommendations and reservations. Beverly, the hotel manager also went above and beyond to make sure everything about our stay was special. Every day I saw landscapers working the grounds to keep it immaculate and our housekeeper would leave fresh flowers around our room and towel figures (kissing swans, hearts with flowers) on our bed. At night when she did the turndown service she always left water bottles by our bedside.
When we arrived at PLS we were met promptly by a van with a friendly driver who that took us directly to the hotel pointing out areas of interest along the way. After a tour of the property and a welcome island punch we were shown to our rooms which were ready even though it was well before the official check in time.
We went to the poolside restaurant for the complimentary continental buffet every morning. It included cereal, the best oatmeal , fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, meats, cheeses and delicious pastries and breads.. My only disappointment was that they only had whole milk. I would have liked nonfat-skim milk as an option.
We ate at Grace’s Cottage which is in such a beautiful, romantic setting. We were at a candle lit table surrounded by lush tropical foliage listening to great live music. I got the crab legs and my husband got the steak. Both were very good but we did like some other restaurants on the island a little better.
We went on the beautiful beach and sat by the pool each day. There were always beach towels on the chairs but we did have to get them before we went to the beach. We were always brought chilled water and spritzer bottles in an ice filled bucket. In the morning they brought fresh fruit skewers to us by the pool and beach and homemade sorbet in the afternoons.
At 5pm each day they had free cocktails and hordoeves by the pool bar. It was a wonderful way to meet the other guest staying at the hotel. We exchanged information on where to eat and what tours to take etc. I only saw one child there the entire week. The couples were all ages from honeymooners to people (our friends) celebrating their 41st anniversary.
We took out the complimentary bikes many times to go into town to shop or explore. Their bikes are in decent shape for free use….no baskets and some are better than others. It was really nice to have the convenience of borrowing the bikes to get around. Our friends did go the gym which they were given free passes to from Point Grace which was a short walk away in town.
Walking along the beach we saw most of the hotels. I loved the fact that Point Grace is almost in the middle of all of them and was such a charming, well maintained resort. We ran into someone staying at another hotel who told us she thought Point Grace was the best hotel along the beach.
I had a massage at the Point Grace spa. It was one of the best massages I ever experienced. Marna is an amazing masseuse. I actually went back and had another massage the day before we left.
I would highly recommend this boutique hotel and Turks and Caicos to anyone who wants to get away to relax and feel pampered. I can’t wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An extraordinary Caribbean retreat, located at the point of the pristine twelve-mile beach of Grace Bay. Inspired by classic, turn-of-the-century British Colonial architecture, the beach front setting looks out upon a shimmering vista of turquoise sea and alabaster beach.Here, in a setting seemingly untouched by time, each suite has been designed to include every luxury, leaving you free to encounter your own personal state of grace. Come and experience it for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Point Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Grace Hotel Providenciales
- Point Grace Providenciales
- Point Grace Turks And Caicos/Providenciales