“Loved Point Grace!”

Point Grace
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We loved Point Grace!

We were at PG during the second week of July. We have been to many Caribbean islands and Providenciales is truly amazing. PG is set on a wide, beautiful stretch of beach. The ocean is crystal clear - like a big pool! Amazing!

We stayed in one of the upper level cottages. The suite was spacious, charming, well appointed and comfortable. While clean, it was not immaculate (floors felt dusty while walking barefoot.) There was a very spacious and furnished balcony which overlooked the pool. Every evening they had a complimentary happy hour with canapes which was a great touch. The continental breakfast was adequate with fresh pastries, fruit, yogurt and cereals in a lovely setting.

I must say that everything is relative to other places that we have visited. While the service was good, it was not great. I felt that the place might be understaffed??? There was a beach attendant but service was spotty. This did not affect us in the least but since this is one of the top rated hotels one would expect a little more service on the beach. By this I mean drink service and towel service. There were plenty of towels that you can get yourself. They also provided ample bottled water on the beach. Sort of a help yourself service. Also, I felt that the beach chairs (loungers) were not very comfortable (sagging in the middle.) These minor details did not affect our vacation at all but just thought that I'd bring them up in hopes that hotel management looks at these forums. Some input on how to improve...

The grounds were beautiful with lush foliage. The pool area was also very pleasant with comfortable lounge chairs.

Overall, we had a great time at PG and would definately return! I gave this hotel a 4 star rating because of the beach service and housekeeping. I feel that these are the areas that are lacking.

Room Tip: Go for the upper level cottage!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NewYorkGolden

Reviewed July 31, 2011

This was not our first time at Point Grace, and we hope it won't be our last! It was great to return and see old friends like Mary and Mati who make Point Grace feel like home away from home. In short, we can't say enough good things about this quiet gem. If you are looking to truly relax, then PG is the place to be. The beach at PG is our favorite on Provo, it always feels private and calm in comparison to some of the other resorts on the island. After 5 visits over 8 years, the magic of PG has not faded one bit. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DC_travellers
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Our trip to Provo was probably the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken, in great part due to Point Grace Hotel. We had one of the poolside cottage rooms, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have liked a waterfront room any more. From our 2nd story room, we could still see the water along with the garden area and pool of the resort. Having a kitchen was fantastic as well- We made a trip to the IGA and were set for the week (it was fun to get back to our room after laying out on the beach and have a supply of popsicles handy!). While we didn't make it down to the drinks/reception (prime napping time, you know), it was a nice extra on the day we did make it. The staff was friendly and helped us make arrangements for a SNUBA session, but we did spend the whole week trying to get in touch with the spa to arrange for a massage without much luck (until the last day, when unfortunately there was only room enough for my husband to get in).

While most nights we went out and explored some of the other restaurants in the area, we did go to Grace's Cottage one evening, and it was really fantastic. Flickering candles and sea breezes... Very romantic.

The hotel is definitely geared more towards couples or perhaps families with older children. It's quiet and there's not much to do... Which some people may not enjoy, but I LOVED. We stayed for five nights, but I could have easily stayed for another five!

The only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five was due to the difficulty reaching the spa (I was really looking forward to that!) and that the housekeeping services could have been better. Although once we met her in person and tipped her, it did improve. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SugarBB
Reviewed July 12, 2011

If you want peace and tranquility, this is the hotel to be in. There are only a few rooms (28 or so) which meand you are never bothered by crowds anywere. you don't have to fight for a place on the beach.
It is funny to see al the neighbouring hotels like the sands, beaches, even Grace Bay club full of people and with caribbean music playing all day long at the pool. If you want a party scene or to meet people, this is not the place, but if you are looking for great service, peace and excelent accomodations, Point Grace is the place in T&C.
It is great to have free water bottle at the beach and in the rooms. Also, breakfast is perfect, not too big, not too small, just what a normal person needs to start the day. Service is perfect but not overdone. Last, the airport transfer plus the free canapes and drinks at happy hour makes it perfect.
Will come back next year

Probably not great with kids, they will be bored and will probably bother other guests (sorry, have to be honest).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nachovacation
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon the last week of June. Overall, we had an amazing experience staying at Point Grace. It definitely fit the bill to all the previous reviews made before we stayed. My only complaint would be the demeanor of some of the staff on the property. There are a few employees that will not "roll out the red carpet" for you per-se. We'd be lucky if we got a hello-back, or get them to get out of their chair... but the employees that were so graciously friendly and hospitable definitely made up for those that were lacking - so we brushed the others off.
Our transfer to the resort left something to be desired, and dealing with this incident first thing when coming off the plane made me think 'is this how the week's going to go?'. The driver basically never showed up for approx 30mins and then when he did, refused to take us back to the resort unless we were willing to wait LONGER for another guest to arrive off their flight. I will say the resort offered to pay for a taxi to take us, but then cop'ed somewhat of an attitude saying they never had our flight information. I had to prove that I emailed this information back when I booked in January. That settled things down a bit. The driver did take us back to the airport the day we left, but I had to open my own door, and practically drag my bags to his trunk. I'm not queen B in the least, but I would expect a little more 5-star quality from a resort claiming to be.
Overall, don't get me wrong, we had an AMAZING time. The tapas/drinks for cocktail hour every day was phenomenal considering it was free. We looked forward to it everyday. The beach is spectacular! JoJo the dolphin is a must see if you can. (google him if you don't know!) The free bikes are such a pleasant amenity. We took them out almost everyday to get around the island. Grace's cottage is FINE dining at it's best. We ate at some others around the island and nothing stood up to Grace's. We ate there 3 times during our 7night stay. The spa was the best massage we've had...EVER...and we live in NYC. The resort is QUIET, and can be a little boring for some at times... there's not much going on in Providenciales so this is a great vacation for someone that just wants to disconnect and decompress. Not many activities...
Definitely a RELAXING honeymoon, just wish Turks offered a little more. Overall, had a fabulous time, so glad we picked this resort.

Room Tip: Cottage Suite Upper Level - Impeccable
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ajbetz
Reviewed July 4, 2011

A friend and I went to Provo this spring for our first visit and decided to stay at Point Grace based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. My only comment is the other reviews didn't do this place justice! The service was impeccable, and exceeded a prior stay at a Ritz Carlton. The food was delicious at breakfast (complimentary) and lunch (comparable prices to other restaurants). We had pristine beach at our hotel - great if you want to swim and enjoy the view, bad if you want to snorkel. Due to its central location, other restaurants are within walking distance. There is a also a shopping area (The Salt Mills) within walking distance that was convenient for buying souvenirs. Any tours / rental cars were happily arranged by the staff for us. The place is quiet and every moment I spent at Point Grace I was treated like a hollywood starlet. Though I was not there for romance, the hotel is a perfect romantic location. It is easy to love Provo, but staying at Point Grace made the trip extraordinary!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RoadWarrior89
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I spent a week at Point Grace and had a wonderful time. The resort was intimate, low-key, just what you would want for your anniversary. We found the service to be very good. The breakfast and lunch every day was wonderful.
We noticed when we arrived that there were alot of mosquitos and the management told us that they had received and unusual amount of rain. The staff were very good about spraying and insuring our comfort. We stayed in one of the upstairs cottages overlooking the pool and gardens. We were so pleased with our suite. The rooms are large with high ceilings and ceiling fans in every room. The staff came in twice a day to clean and bring fresh towels. They even left fresh bottles of water beside our beds at night. We had such a wonderful time and we definitley want to return.

Room Tip: We asked for an upstairs room and were pleased.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple