“Everything you need”

Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas
Lincoln, Massachusetts
“Everything you need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Charming beachside villas on a quiet section of Grace Bay. Van rental through owners-- no hassle. Responsive staff who help you with everything they can--including sending my IPod to Florida after I left it behind. Would recommend without reservation!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank CBS103

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ( 4 adults and 3 young kids) booked the first week in February based on all the positive TA reviews. I have to say they were 100% correct. The location was unbeatable, literally walk out of your door and on to the beach. The beach was beautiful with soft sand, gentle surf, and many lounge chairs and umbrellas. There is a high end Weber grill on the patio for all the renters to use. There is also a washing machine across the road with clothes lines for drying. The swimming pool is also across the road and a good place to relax while waiting for your laundry. What really sets this condo apart is the superb staff and owner who are always available to help with any requests. As an example, when the battery on the rental car died, within 15 minutes (while we sat on the beach), a staff member took the battery out of his own car, and replaced ours. When the blizzard of 2013 cancelled our return flight to Boston, Chris called around to find us a place to stay for the extra days since they were already booked. In addition, they loaned me a cell phone to contact the airline. Everything the staff and owner did was above and beyond anything expected. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would high recommend it with absolutely no reservations. My wife and I are looking forward to a return visit at the end of this year.

Room Tip: With young kids, we took a lower floor unit for easy access to the beach.
1 Thank JoeBoston73
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Beautiful house, more than we expected!!!! Luz and her husband ( housekeepers) more than helpful in many ways and very nice!!!!

Beautiful ocean, amazing colors!!!! Turquoise every where. Plenty of bars and restaurants close by. Could go walking!!! Nice marina with beautiful boats and ships!

Chris, the best host!!!

We had a wonderful time there. Thank you very much!!!!!

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked a villa based entirely on what we read here on TripAdvisor and it delivered! You should rent a villa here without hesitation so long as you embrace the non-resort experience, top-level service, thoughtful amenities, and being on the beach for a fraction of what other places cost. We were so pleased with our stay that we have already booked for January 2014.

From the beginning, booking is a breeze. The owners are easy to reach by phone and email. They are friendly and helpful, no question of mine went unanswered. We decided to rent a car from the property and we are so glad we did. It's a minivan and it's spacious enough for all your adventures. Driving in T/C is opposite side of the road but it's less harrowing than you might think or you may have experienced in other countries. Provo is small and easy to get around. The car gave us great freedom to explore other beaches, like Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay, which I highly recommend. Also, when you rent a car you can arrange airport pick-up and drop-off, and that was a huge consideration for us. When we arrived at the airport we were picked up by a taxi service. When we arrived at the villas we were greeted and taken to our room personally, and our car was there waiting for us at that moment to use. No hassle. Quick and easy. At the end of our stay, they drove us to the airport in our rental. Cannot say enough good things about how beneficial and effortless it was renting a car from the property. The price was also very reasonable.

We stayed in the Orchid Villa. The villa looks EXACTLY as it does in the web site pictures. It's breezy and bright and beautiful. And CLEAN! And extremely private. Being on the second floor, no one walks by. The wrap-around porch is enormous. It has two loungers, a table and chairs, a bench, and an outdoor shower to wash off sand. There is a big sliding glass door. You overlook the pool but again, it's very private. The gardens are lush and nice to look at. From the loungers, if you look really closely, you can see the ocean in the distance. But there is no ocean view and that was my only hang-up. But that's my fault for booking so late!

We traveled with our 3 year old son and the room was plenty big for all of us. There is a small kitchenette with a small fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker and a sink. We kept all food sealed tightly or in the fridge because there were some ants--we also let the owners know and they took care of that. There is a walk-in closet and plenty of drawer space for all of your clothes and belongings. There is even an iron and board if you need one. There's a safe. The bathroom is enormous with plenty of counter space.

I appreciated that there was guest laundry, which is a washing machine and there is no fee to use it. With a child, it was helpful to have. There are clothes lines to dry your clothes. In January, they dried quickly with no real humidity. And they smelled GREAT. I would love to line-dry my clothes at home!

We were also given a cell phone to use, which was helpful for making reservations at local restaurants and to have while we were out-and-about, just in case.

The beach is a short walk. For just about anyone, the walk is no big deal. I counted the steps from doorstep to beach and it was about 400. It really is a 5-minute walk. But with a young one, this was a little more than I wanted, which is why for next year we'll be staying in the Ocean Scape villa. I want to be right on the beach! But really, that's just me being picky. I wouldn't hesitate to reserve the Orchid Villa again if I had to.

Virgnia Beach VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Absolutely and most definitely would recommend Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas to anyone who wants comfort and privacy in a lovely lush tropical setting a stones throw from a gorgeous beach. The Hibiscus Villa was perfect for the 4 of us (2 couples). We each had our own bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Villa came fully equipped and had a full size stove/oven and fridge. Great for cooking our own breakfasts and fixing sandwiches for lunch. Don't be put off by the Hibiscus Villa not being right on the beach because it is only a four minute walk onto the beach, and I mean a 4 minute walk from the front door of the villa to the actual beach chairs set up on the beach especially for all the guests at AOBV. And it's a pretty walk through flowering shrubs, following the specially marked footpath to the beach. And there are beach cruisers bikes to use, and kayaks as well, just for the guests at AOBV. The IGA supermarket is only a 5 minute drive and has everything you need. Luz was helpful and accommodating, and we saw Lonnie the groundskeeper most mornings out early tending to the pool or getting the beach area tidy and ready for guests, even raking away the bits of seaweed that washed up at high tide. The blow up pool toys and body surf board a nice touch for kids and the young at heart. There was a 2 person kayak at the beach and that was a lot of fun. Hibiscus Villa is just 100 feet from the pool, but round the corner, so the villa is still private. Riding the beach cruisers was a nice way to get to Turtle Cove Marina, it's only a 5 minute bike ride, maybe a 10 minute walk. Shark Bite restaurant and the Tikki Hour restaurant at Turtle Cove Marina both had good food and not too outrageously priced. Nice to have free wi-fi service at the villa, not that I spent a lot of time online. Satellite TV at the villa covered a variety of channels. Beach towels were provided at the villa so no need to bring any.We would recommend renting a vehicle from the villa owners and it was nice to be able to take some sightseeing trips to Malcolm Beach, Chalk Sound, and the Blue Hills. Very quiet and relaxing, great sunrises on the beach at AOBV, and lovely sunsets from the restaurants at Turtle Cove Marina. The famous Smith Reef really is right in front on the AOBV's and stretches to the left towards Turtle Cove Marina. We snorkelled right off the AOBV and saw a school of squid (about 2 feet long), a shark, sting rays, flounder, lots of brightly colored fish. Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas are in a great location, very comfortably furnished, private yet conveniently located, and at an affordable price. The photos on the website of the interior of the villas don't really do them justice. In fact the Hibiscus Villa, the service provided by staff (before we made the decision to book the trip, and during the trip), the lush grounds, pool, and other amenities, and great location on the beach far exceeded our expectations.
Deborah (Virginia Beach, Virginia USA)

• Stayed February 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The four of us stayed at the Oceans Edge Villa. It was a perfect escape for my husband, my two step-daughters ( in their twenties) and myself. First off, everything you need is right there from a fully equipped kitchen, to snorkeling gear & bicycles, to the beach just steps away from the villa.

Luz and Ronnie made sure our every needs were met. We rented a car from AOBV, talk about convenient. We used the car to travel the island and check out other beaches. Honestly, we went to beautiful beaches but were equally content to spend our days on the beach in front of the villa. A kayak and canoe were available to paddle around Grace Bay and equally great was the snorkeling around Smith's Reef right in front of the villa . There were a half a dozen people on the beach, at best. Folks on the island were so friendly and driving was relatively easy. We loved our morning trips to Lemon2Go coffee a few miles away, enjoyed the pastries at Caicos Bakery and the late afternoon walks on Grace Bay. So many great restaurants within walking distance and in other locations on the island.

We took the ferry over to Middle and North Caicos, renting a jeep. These Caicos are amazing, wildly different and beautiful,well worth a day trip. As we read in a guide book, Middle and North Caico are what the Caribbean must have looked like many years ago. One must go to Daniel's Cafe on North Caicos for the freshest fish around! We found that one could not ask for more staying at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas. Having spent time on many of the islands of the Caribbean, the Turks and Caicos are our favorite! We are looking forward to returning next year and staying with all the folks at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Henrietta, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Scape villa on 1/26 and couldn't be happier. Just my wife and I 50 feet from the ocean edge. 400 square feet is more than enough for 2 people. The place was clean and efficient. We can't say enough about Luz and Ronnie. All you had to do was ask and your request was graciously and quickly responded to. I had asked Ronnie if there were folding beach chairs to bring to Taylor Bay. They were being used but once they returned he had them sitting outside our door. He was constantly tending to the grounds and to resident requests. Folks, they work 7 days a week. A tip is never expected but graciously accepted.
We are avid snorkelers. This was one of the reasons why we decided on Turks and Caicos and Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas. The wind got pretty wild the first two days but once they died down we found great spots both east and west of the property. Go east until you reach a 2 x 2 in the sand and go straight out. Just watch the channel where the boats go out of Turtle Cove. Go east to Coral Gardens. In front there is a marked off area around a nationally protected reef system.
If you are there for the week you should rent a car for at least 3 days to explore the other areas such as Taylor Bay. Beautiful blue water no higher than your waist 200 yards out without a rock or plant to be found. If you have children it is a must destination.
Like other reviews you know you have a selection of nice restaurants with good food only a 5 minute walk from your condo. Try them all. If you have read the other reviews they all have their own specialty and charm. However, you may want to take a trip to the restaurant located in the Turtle Cove Inn. Not the most inviting name (Flying T or F) or entrance but we had one of the best meals consisting of 6 tapas plates and desert. Black linquini with lobster. Tiki Hut Wednesday night chicken and ribs were a hit. Go early or have a reservation. If you like Key Lime pie order it here. We had it twice.
Along condo resort row there are a number of good restaurants. Mango Reef and Hemingways were great for quality food as well as views of the beach and the evening breezes. I went against sound advise and had dinner at Magnolias overlooking Turtle Cove. Not worth the price.
Our last night we revisited a place on Chalk Sound call Las Brisas. We had gone there for lunch and saw the menu and had to go back. It was one of the best meals we had all week. The prices were below average and the quality above. Besides, the bartender made the best vodka gimlet I have ever tasted. Nice to sit by their pool and listen to the live entertainment while having desert and coffee.
Driving on the island is an adventure. It took me 6 days to stop washing the windows everytime I wanted to signal a turn. Thank God my wife was with me to remind me to stay on the left. Speed is usually posted 20 km/hour but no one goes under 40. First place we have ever been to without one signal light.
Now for the best advice I can give which no one else in the 120 reviews I read prior to my arrival gave. If there is anyway you can pre-board, via the internet, the night before you leave the island, DO SO! This airport has not kept up with the huge increase in tourism. On Saturdays it is a nightmare if you have to check your bags and get boarding passes. Lines are out the door. If you pre board, look for a sign only for people who have boarding passes. You will save over an hour wait. However, be warned that you will have to enter the line for inspection. It was 200 people long when we were there. Do not despair. If you are getting within 45 minutes of your flight, go to a security guard and let him know. He will let you jump ahead of the others to get to your gate in time. If you don't, they eventually will come out and announce anyone going on xyz flight to xyz please come forward. Personally, I would rather wait in the plane than in line until the last moment. It is a crazy system but somehow everyone gets on. When in doubt ......ask someone. Don't be shy and possibly miss your flight or do an OJ Simpson commercial through the airport (before he was convicted and sentenced). We arrived 2 hours early and was on the plane with 20 minutes to spare. There were others there for 3.5 hours and no further ahead than us. Virtually no food in the airport so eat or bring food with you.
Everyone on the island is very friendly. The "belongers" all work 2 - 3 jobs to support themselves. Just take a trip to the IGA and you will discover why. My only regret is not getting the first 3 days we spent there back at the end of our stay. That is how long it took my wife and I to get into the island way of life. If you are looking for a place to kick back and decompress this is your place. We rarely rent hotel rooms and have had many great experiences renting all types of properties all over the United States and Canada. This one had to rank up there among the best. You will not be disapointed no matter which condo you chose.

Room Tip: There are 4 selections at the beach and 2 buildings 100 yards across the road with the pool. If you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple