“Friday Night Hotspot”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Vino Tiempo, located towards the back of Regent Village, on a Friday night. The inside had a nice modern lounge feel – they played American club music and had a few couches and a small area with slot machines. It wasn’t that busy when we arrived, but quickly picked up as the night went on. There were a few small groups inside, but most of the people sat outside in the “cigar lounge”.

We ordered a bottle of Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand which was very good. However, the wine selection available was significantly smaller than advertised on their online menu. In addition, their wine sampling machine wasn’t operational. I was also looking forward to smoking a cigar, but was disappointed with their very limited selection. Despite these things I would still recommend visting Vino Tiempo, especially considering the lack of nightlife on the island. It was the busiest nightlife spot we went to, the service was good and it offered a different experience than the hotel beach bars.

2  Thank Element2001

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place has great tapas and a fun atmosphere! Unfortunately, we found it on the last night we were here! :( We came in looking for a glass of wine and some tapas and a low key night and ended up finishing off a bottle, dancing in our seats and getting a complimentary pour and shot from the bartender for it being our last night on the island. We only wish we had found it sooner!
We ordered a few tapas and a glass of wine and were greeted with a smile and a welcoming bartender who was very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed but chic. The wine glasses are HUGE and the pour you receive is far larger than any other on the island! Well worth it! Better to buy by the glass than by the bottle if you like the wine you choose by the bottle.
The bartenders were very friendly and engaged in conversation and encouraged dancing! ;)
It was the perfect way to end the trip! If you are looking for a great place to go until after 10:00... which is hard to find on the island... then come here... we only wish we found it sooner! Thanks for a great send off! :) LOVED this place!

3  Thank feetndahsand
Reviewed May 20, 2012

While we have not eaten a "full meal" here we have really enjoyed the cheese plate (on several occasions) and burger & fries (late night) and many drinks at this wine bar. We stay at The Regent Grand whenever we visit Provo (amazing resort) and this place is only a few steps away (therefore great for an early appetizer, a drink or a late bite after a night out). The food seems reasonably priced but the drinks are a bit pricey.

I have recently seen two dishes that looked fantastic and hope to try on our next visit; the chicken kiev and the beef wellington. I will add a later review after I try these.

As far as the servers go, we have had Andrew wait on us several times and he is very friendly and efficient. We have also had two young women wait on us that we both friendly and very personable. Overall, we have been very pleased with this place. Our only complaint is that they seem to consistantly have the music blasting too loud at night and it is very difficult to hold a conversation (or order from your server). I think this would be a great place to relax and meet people if you could only communicate. I have deducted one start for atmoshere soley do to the ridiculously loud music (and we are people that frequent night clubs).

3  Thank Beach02882
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stopped into Vino Tiempo in attempt to find a decent espresso martini. Bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable. Martinis were good, we had two each - pricey but worth it. Loved the vibe, great music, nice menu (we were dining elsewhere). Would go back on our next trip for sure!

2  Thank MarcandStacy
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here after shopping for a few hours. He saw Beef Wellington on the menu and wanted to try it. We tried the cheese platter for two and loved it. We even took some of the Papaya cheese back to the room with us. There was a chutney on the side that I thought was made with cherries (so good) but the waitress said it was actually tomatoes. My husband enjoyed the beef wellington and ate the whole thing. I ordered a couple of the small plates, calamari and lobster wontons. The calamari was cooked very well (not chewy at all) and the dipping sauce was sweet. The wontons were really good but the dipping sauce was too spicy for me. Our waitress was wonderful, the customer service excellent and prices were reasonable compared to other restaurants on the island. This restaurant made me wish I drank wine.

1  Thank kkenney