“Not worth the money”

Sun & Fun Seasports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jet Boat rentals, with or without Captain, Water craft / Jet ski rental's guide or unguided, we do hourly, half a day and full day. contact us today for more information.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have spent the money on renting the 3 jet ski's. When we arrived for our 3pm reservation, nobody was even in the office. Finally, after about 15 minutes a guy shows up and says they only have one jet ski and have had some "mechanical problems" with the others. They said a tour should be returning in about 20-30 minutes so we decided to wait.

At 3:40, we decided we'd had enough and were literally getting into the car to leave when the group started showing up with the ski's. We had our 10 and 8 year old and they really wanted to go so we decided to go ahead and do the trip. I asked the guide (not really a guided tour as much as it is a "follow me" thing) and he said they had some other reservations offsite that backed everything up. Apparently the guy in the office was just lying about the mechanical problems.

At any rate, by 4pm (1 hour later than scheduled) we took off and as many reviews mention, the sea is pretty rough (this wasn't a very windy day). If you're experienced and are riding solo it would be better because you can stand up and avoid the wall of water that comes over the bow when you hit waves. I recall wishing I had my snorkel mask!

The kids said they had fun so I'll give it an extra star for that but all things considered, it was a waste of time and money and I wouldn't do it again under the same program. 30 minutes on calm seas and 1/2 the price maybe...

2  Thank Saber2131
in 11 reviews
"caicos"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 28, 2013

the water is beautiful, none like i've ever seen before, the sun shines bright everyday, perfect spot for a tan, but watch out if you have sensitive skin.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

They are large catamarans, small hobey cats, banana boats, parachute sailing, snorkeling, skin diving, sort of like surf boards, (there is NO surf) and a multitude of beach activities to do.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We booked a morning 2 hour guided Sea Doo tour with Paul via email. Their website needs updating but at least he was prompt in getting back to us with our queries.

An earlier review mentioned that the person coming to pick them up from their hotel was 30-45min late. We must have had the same driver since we also waited in our hotel lobby for over 30min (even after I had gone up twice to the reception desk requesting that they check his whereabouts). When he arrived, there was no apology at all. I understand that the island sometimes runs on its own time, but courtesy should not be a casualty of that.

After being briefed on some basic rules by Paul, we put on our lifejackets and I went as a passenger on my husband's Sea Doo. It was just us and our guide Prince. He would regularly look over his shoulder to check we were ok. There were 15 knot winds that day so the ocean was not rough. However, being a passenger I think I felt a lot more of the bumps but overall it was a lot of fun. Glorious sunshine + the bluest water I have ever seen + a balmy ocean breeze. I would definately do it again! It was my first time on a Sea Doo and I was surprised how comfortable it was.

We rode past the conch farm, stopped for 20min at a beach somewhere ( Prince found some beautiful shells for me!), checked out the celebrity holiday homes and then on the way back visited the shipwreck.

It was a bit pricey but well worth it for the great memories we now share.