We were a little apprehensive of our visit due to a very negative review written on this site. We were extremely pleased that it wasn't at all true.
We had great service right from the start. The restaurant staff at Hemingway's was so wonderful; everyone smiled, said hello, and even remembered what you were drinking. Servers came down the beach every so often asking if you wanted anything. At the front desk, our request to use bikes was granted immediately every time, and with a smile.
If I had one complaint about the room it would be the bathroom. It was very small, and in need of an update, but on the other hand, it was very clean. The two-room suite that we were given was small, but had all of the necessities. Bed was very comfy. Even though they had a notice that sheets were only changed every 3 days unless you requested more often, ours were changed daily. I know we could have upgraded to an ocean view, but honestly, we spent so little time in our room that it would have been a waste of money in our opinion. We had a nice view of the pool. The landscaping and grounds were perfectly manicured and the flowering shrubs were spectacular.
Being Irish, we were excited to find an Irish Pub nearby - Danny Bouy's had great food and Guinness! We had a very good meal there - fresh fish and great hamburger. Also ate at a restaurant at the next resort down the beach and it was good. But Hemingway's food was wonderful. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner couldn't have been better. The complaint about food being VERY expensive was unfounded in our opinion. We live in a resort area year round and the prices here are much more expensive that what we found at Hemingway's.
There really is nothing to do in Provo, and a lot of the small shops were closed because it is off season right now. But were weren't disappointed. We rode bikes, walked the beach, read lots of books, and went on a wonderful snorkeling tour with Reef Peepers - booked right at The Sands towel hut, where help was also in abundance. It was a wonderful experience. My husband also went bone fishing with Silver Deep. Although he didn't catch anything, he really enjoyed himself and met with the owners of the business and fished with their son. He was disappointed that he couldn't fish off the beach - Grace Bay is a National Park and fishing is not allowed. We did snorkel right in front of the hotel and saw barracuda and other small fish; no shells to speak of which was a bit of a disappointment for me, as I am an avid shell seeker.
There are many spa services at The Sands, but we didn't use them. The prices there were high in my opinion. The pools and hot tub were well maintained, but we spent most of our days on the beach.
As I said, can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales