We spent 7 nghts at The Sands at Grace Bay for our honeymoon. We booked through Costco Travel and felt like the deal we got was good for the area. When we arrived late on our first night we went to our "ocean view" room, which really lacked much of an ocean view. Since it was our honeymoon, we decided to inquire about other available rooms with a better view or what it would cost to upgrade. The person at the front desk helped us, and was able to get us a better view at no extra charge, starting on the second night. The new room was amazing. Very glad we asked to change! We spent a lot of time sitting on our balcony watching the ocean, and drinking coffee or wine.
The room was very nice and met our needs. There was a small fridge, coffee maker, toaster, utensils, dishes, etc. We walked to the nearby grocery store and purchased some wine, and snacks which we kept in our room and enjoyed throughout the week. The resort itself is very quiet, which we enjoyed. But if you're looking for big nightlife or a party scene, this is not the place.
We dined at the resort restaurant, Hemingways, on several occassions and enjoyed almost everything we ate there. The only thing I had that I didn't like was the huevos rancheros, but everything else was quite good. The resort is also close to many other restaurants. We went to Bay Bistro, which is right next door, on two ocassions, which was very good. They have a very nice brunch on Sundays.
The beach is amazing at Grace Bay. The sand is soft and white, and the water is so clear and blue. It was beautiful. We were there during the slow season, so there was no problem getting a spot under an umbrella and a couple chairs.
Only thing I wish was different, is I wish they had room service. After we got such a nice view it would have been nice to have some meals out there and relax. Also, the staff is not overly friendly, but not to the point of being rude or anything, just direct I guess and not a lot of extra smiles like I'm used to.
I would definitely go back to Grace Bay and would stay at the Sands again, if it still looked to be a good deal. It seemed there were other resorts that were more luxurious, but the Sands was very comfortable and clean and was perfect for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales