Day 1 Arrived and was greeted as soon as we got outside by a Sands Agent (she was very nice and very friendly). Equally as nice was the gentleman who drove us back to the hotel he even dropped me at hertz so I could rent a car while he took the others back to the hotel. Mind you we have 2 families both of which have small children 2 and 4 years old.
When we got there we got what appeared to be the requested 3 bedroom oceanfron deluxe suite. The only problem was that the second bedroom I though had a queen not a double bed. There was only one king and the 3rd room had a sleeper sofa (terrible as sleeper sofas go) We had them bring up 2 roll a ways for the kids. So all in all the arrival was not bad excep we knew the sleeping arrangements were going to be screwy. So beware of the 3 bedroom sleeping arrangments. The other thing we noticed was a ton of remodeling this was a sign of things to come. I will say the view and location of the room was awsome. Great for 1 big family especially with small kids. The beach is 100% the best ever in my book. My son said it best when we got out there "this is a dream come true". Interestingly when we went up for dinner we were lacking wash clothes the phones were unplugged and it seemed as if just before we arrived they put down new granit and started doing work on some cabinetry. Dinner at Hemingways that evening was average at best sunset and location were great. Day 2 Great day at the beach but we noticed very early that there was going to be construction all during our stay this was very concerning. Concerning because we had been told that the construction was going to start in the fall and the resot was going to be shut down. Beaware this is not the case. If noise on you vacation does not bother you then no big deal. Well of course its nap time for the kids in the afternoon and wouldnt you know it, mowing trimming but worst of all drilling nailing and sawing graite was taking place under our room and outside the room. We called the desk and they did have it stopped but all during our stay, even though we noticed a difference the construction continued. of course. I aprrciate a phone call from time to time to check up on stuff but thses guys were calling at all the wrong hours. We had an opportunity to go to the Palms, T and C club, and Point Grace for dinner. Thanks Karis for your help setting up the resreations. It also le us look at other properties. One fair statement I will make is that this place is very fair. They knew they made a mistake they did what was right to fix it. Aside from a few hour power failure some issues with peoplecoming in and out of our room which we thought was strange. A guy even came in looking for tools under the master bed. Lack of toilet paper or putting a new roll on during the room servicing the vacation was good. I tried to understand this place is not trying to compete with the 5 star resorts. I will tell you though with a little work some better service, understanding your clientele a tiny bit better, the sands can be a solid 4 star resort and most importanly a fun, relaxing, and unpretentious place. I think we came at a rough time for the hotel and caught them on a bad few days. Kendra thanks for keeping your word on the 3 night stay 4th free as advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales