I stayed at The Sands June 23-28th for my destination wedding. We had never stayed there before but felt that it was the best value and atmosphere for our friends and family traveling down for our wedding. It was definitely a great choice for this purpose. There were many rooms options available for all the guests and the size was perfect. The resort was pretty full due to another wedding group- which added to the friendly and fun atmosphere.
Here are my take aways-
1. As I read on other reviews- the cleaning service was definitely not what you would expect from the class of the hotel. We found out that if you tip the maids daily, your room is definitely cleaned up and restocked.
2. BEST ROOM EVER- 3306, it's a one bedroom ocean view. It's HUGE with an amazing porch with views up and down the beach. We also stayed in 3207 which was almost as good.
3. Front Desk- they were hot and cold. Sometimes they were really friendly and accomodating, other times they were a bit cold and not helpful. We had booked a 2 bedroom oceanview, we actually got a 1 bedroom courtyard with an open door connecting to a studio oceanview. They would not even check for any other room, they obviously overbooked those suites.
4. Airport taxi service- if you are with a large group, make sure you sign up everyone for a shuttle to the airport for your departure, we had a very confusing and annoyying time just trying to get 10 people in 1 van to get to the airport.
5. As said in other reviews, hemingways was "ok"- nothing spectacular but good food. Slow but somewhat friendly service.
This resort totally fulfilled our needs for friends and family joining together for our wedding. I would not say this would be my first choice for a romantic vacation with my husband.
We love Provo and will definitely be back for years to come! This is an amzaing island to relax and get away, with a beach to die for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales