The Sands at Grace Bay is a beautiful resort on a beautiful beach. The resort is older but well kempt and clean. The staff is attentive to your needs in your room, at the beach and at the pool. Lobby staff, beach staff, restaurant staff, room staff and grounds staff were all helpful, pleasant and ready to engage in conversation about the island, the resort and our needs.
Hemmingway's is the resort restaurant right on the beach where we ate several times. Large selection of dishes with comparable prices to other restaurants (also try "Mr. Grouper" which is right around the corner).
We stayed 12 nights. A one bedroom suite with an ocean view suited our budget and our needs. This room worked perfectly for our length of stay. We stocked the full kitchen to help the food budget. Access to the grocery store was easy with a taxi ($20 round trip). Be prepared for the higher prices (although no sales tax at grocery store).
The main attraction for our trip was the beach. It did not disappoint. The most spectacular blue water and white sand. Spent most of our time there. The beach staff had all chairs, towels and equipment you needed to have a wonderful time. Spent a few days using the pools. These were clean and ready for use every day. The garden planted around the pools gave a sense of seclusion and privacy.
A couple of recommendations for the resort. Adding a ceiling fan on the balcony would be nice. The resort should update their website. Some items on the website were out dated.
I'm giving 5 stars for everything because it was a 20th anniversary once in a lifetime trip and The Sands at Grace Bay came through in every way. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales