This was our second visit to The Sands. We visited first 5 years ago as a couple for our 1st anniversary and returned 4 years later with 5 additional family members in tow. It was an even better experience. It was our first family trip abroad and my 3 year old is begging to bring him back already.
Here's why I would recommend The Sands to anyone visiting Turks & Caicos:
- You can't beat the price. It is the most reasonably-priced resort that is located on Grace Bay that still comes with amenities. Nearby resorts charge 3-4x more. You would think that you are sacrificing a lot by staying at a place so much cheaper or that it is really scuzzy, but The Sands is NOT!
- The pool areas are excellent. There are multiple semi-private sitting areas all curved around the different pool areas, surrounded by lush landscaping. My toddler had so much fun walking the "lazy river" (it is only 2.5 ft deep) and going under the little bridges, as well as the kiddy pool.
- The rooms are spacious and our 1-bedroom had a full-sized kitchen which came in handy to make breakfast and snacks. We also loved our enclosed deck, to overlook the property & see the ocean.
- The concierge desk was super helpful. We were traveling with 6 adults & 1 child, and was incredibly patient in helping us plan dinners & activities.
- Elaine from SpaTropique gives a fantastic massage and was super sweet. My mother-in-law agreed and appreciated how comfortable she made her feel for her first body wrap.
- You can walk into town from The Sands (last time we visited, there weren't even sidewalks, but there are now and it is an easy 5 minute straight walk to shops & restaurants.)
- Kayaks, hobie cats, sand toys, towels are available for guests
- You are right on Grace Bay, a beautiful, clean beach that you can walk up and down with ease, enjoying the turquoise water
- Coconut Grove Hammocks is a great hidden, shaded spot to lay in a hammock and read or just relax
- The kitchens are all getting upgraded to stainless steel appliances, so that's nice. In general, it seems like they make sure to keep the property up-to-date.
We rented a car for the entirety of our stay because we like to explore the island and visit different beaches. We used it to go to the grocery store, the Conch Farm, Taylor Bay (2x), Bugaloo's for lunch, out for a paddle-boarding trip with Big Blue Unlimited, etc. So, it was totally worth it rather than relying on taxis.
So, what does The Sands not have?
Room service & indoor restaurants (there is 1 restaurant on the property, Hemingways). So, you really aren't missing much. Sure, there are more luxurious hotels on Provo, but be prepared to pay significantly more for that. For a big ol' family trip, this fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales