We stayed in The Sands for 6 nights between Feb. 2 and Feb. 7. I would define the hotel as a very good one for the money you are paying, but don´t expect luxury or nothing like that. The rooms are OK but a little bit old. In any event, as we spent most of the time outdoors it didn’t matter that the room and facilities were not top notch.
The hotel’s restaurant (Hemingway’s) is fine as well.
The best thing the Sands has, by far, is the beach. Unlike other hotels in Grace Bay, the Sand’s beach is somehow more secluded as there are no resorts besides The Sands in that part of the beach. The result? A less populated beach which is always great. Also, the beach is quite wide (as compared, for example, to the beach at other resorts –i.e. Beaches). Just one piece of advice, umbrellas run out quite quickly during the morning, if you arrive to the beach after 8:30 you might find yourself without any umbrella left. Even though they hotel claims that any unattended umbrella will be vacated after 30 minutes, it does not enforce such policy…
All in all I believe The Sands is a very good option for those relaxed travelers willing to enjoy a very nice beach and not much worried about the hotel’s facilities per se.
The Sands is child friendly, something we did not matter at all, but some people might find this not so comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales