My wife and I stayed at the Sands for two weeks in November 2013 and we were very pleased with the all around value we got for the very reasonable price. We stayed in one of the least expensive rooms, a Studio Courtyard and were pleased to learn we had a view of the ocean from our 2nd floor screened in porch, a king bed and a washer and dryer. Room had a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave and sink. Our walk to the gorgeous white powder sand beach was very short and unlike resorts we have stayed at in Aruba and other islands, we were able to get an umbrella set up for us any time of the day! The staff at this resort are the best! The guys who work the beach shack: Berthold, Eddy and Big John were genuinely friendly and set up our beach umbrella, chairs and table every day. They also made sure we left with some awesome conch shells to bring home. Literally all the staff were friendly and glad to help with anything you needed. We were greeted most days by the other "Big John" who worked hard to keep the area around our building spotless! Hemingway's Restaurant was extremely handy to have at the resort and we had lunch there every day. The portions were generous enough that we were able to split a lunch every day for under $20 including tip. The food was very good as well as the service. The pools are also very nice but could use a railing as some folks had difficulty getting into and out of the pool. The only two things we could be even slightly critical of on the island are the cost of the unregulated cabs and the cost of groceries. The Sands is conveniently located within walking distance to the supermarket (about 1 mile) and the resort had a good assortment of bicycles you could use at no cost. Expect to pay at least double what we pay back home for all groceries. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at the Sands and are considering returning again this fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales