My husband and I were at the Sands 10/27 for 8 days on our first trip to Turks and Caicos. Check in was easy and the rum punch was great. On the way to our room I was telling my husband it may be small as we just booked an ocean front studio however when we walked in we were pleasantly surprised to be in an amazing 1 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, full kitchen and huge balcony over looking the ocean and pool. It was so spacious and clean and the views of the water was just perfect. Having the full kitchen and the washer/dryer was ideal.
The pools at the Sands were wonderful. We only went in the one on the beach once as it was a bit more crowded, but I loved the two pools in the middle with the connecting rivers and waterfalls. It was beautiful, never crowded and so peaceful. The hot tub was super hot and I couldn't handle the temp but my hubby loved it. He thought the pools were too cold but I thought they were perfect. =) Another great perk was the hammocks in Coconut Grove. So nice to relax there. But the best part of this whole resort is the beach!! For the first half of our trip getting a seat under the umbrellas was easy but second half of our trip it got a little busier and you had to be out there early, before noon or so. We still always found a spot under the shade though. It never felt too crowded at the beach though. The wonderful workers would be out setting up chairs and digging holes for umbrellas if needed. The excursion desk guys were great as well. We could rent snorkel gear as often as needed. They took us out on the Hobie Cat to which was fun. They also set us up on all our tours which was convenient. There were a lot of fish right in front of the hotel and we saw a sting ray as well. I personally loved seeing the two cats that would walk around the resort and they were friendly.
We had one lunch and one dinner at Hemingway's and drinks here and there. We had the burger, steak, chicken sandwich and fish tacos and it was all good. The drinks are made strong and delicious. The hotel is walking distance to the Salt Mills shopping area and a few restaurants along the way. We ate over there a few times. We loved taking the bikes to the grocery store. It takes about 10 minutes and you can fill the basket on the bike and the handle bars with a good amount of groceries. We went 3 times! You have to have the bikes back by dusk so its nice to use them in the morning for shopping runs. There are also restaurants walking distance on the beach too. Bay Bistro and Mango Reef are very close.
All in all it was an amazing trip and we were trying to plan when we would come back and hope to stay at the Sands again. From the front desk, to wait staff, to housekeeping to the excursion desk and the taxi drivers, everyone we spoke with was so nice.
On the last day before we left for the airport, we did a couples massage at Spatropique right there at the Sands which was very nice to relax in between check out and the ride to the airport. The only downfall is it was pretty loud near the fitness area, one kid screaming and a man talking loudly on the phone right outside our massage room but one of the therapists went out to tell them to quiet down so that was nice of them to do.
We can't wait to come back to Turks and Caicos and I think going in the off season again was a great decision!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales