The Sands at Grace Bay
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$411
$365
Hotels.com
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$799
Ports of Call Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$219
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$370
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$680
Travelocity
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$419
Hotels.com
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$578
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,700
$612
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,000
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$855
1,976 results
All reviewsocean viewhemingways restaurantgrace bayscreened in porchgrocery storefull kitchenwasher and dryerrum punchan umbrellasands resorthobie catsother resortspaddle boardsbeautiful beachon site restaurantcoral gardensrented a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sands for 10 days in October. The hotel is beautiful and the beach is amazing. You can literally walk right out to the beach from the hotel. The grounds are well kept and clean. It was nice to use their bicycles and water sport toys whenever you like. With that being said, I do have a few complaints. I didn't feel like anyone we encountered at the property was very friendly. No one was really willing to go out their way for you or at times, even smile. I believe if you're staying at a higher end resort/hotel, the least you can do is smile. The room was also badly arranged. We had a nice large room, but it was full of furniture. We could not even move around without hitting a piece of furniture. After about the 5th day, it became really annoying. The shower was also stand up and had a shower curtain. So, when you're taking a shower, the shower curtain was stuck to you the whole time. I really don't think I would stay at this hotel again. The best I could give it was 3 stars.

With that being said, TCI is an amazing place. The diving and snorkeling is amazing. The water and sea life is like nothing I've ever seen. Everything is a little pricey, so be ready before you go. There is also a huge homeless dog issue. They are everywhere and it's really sad. We actually ended up taking one home with us. You can "rent" a puppy for the day to give it love at Potcake Place in Saltmills. They're doing a great thing there, check it out, donate.

For anyone that has to watch sports, there is a sports bar called Danny Buoys near Saltmills that had all the football games on and good food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TMB46
GeneralManager003_13, General Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear TMB46,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We were happy to see how beautiful you found our resort, beach and grounds to be as well as how much you enjoyed the amenities offered.

We appreciated your kind comments you shared, but we are sorry to learn that we did not deliver the friendliness levels you expected. We will address this and your other concerns with our entire team and work to improve our customer service delivery.

Overall, we are delighted to know how much you enjoyed Providenciales, TCI – it is truly amazing in many ways spectacular from the beach to the diving.

As far as stray dogs are concerned, our Animal Welfare Committee operates 5 nights a week in varied areas on island. This will continue until such time as the majority of the stray animals are under control. Unfortunately the process is long one but the Department of Agriculture along with the AWC is hard at work every day and dedicated toward rectifying the feral dog problem as a priority for our entire country.

On October 27th they had16 members from Pets without Vets for a one week spay/neuter program. These volunteers participate worldwide to provide a spay/neuter program along with ongoing educational for responsible pet ownership. And thank you from all of us for caring deeply about these animals and especially for adopting one as well.

We hope welcome you back to TCI and again thank you for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Mona Beeson

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our 3 in 1 trip; retirement, anniversary & birthday. Everything was great. I loved The Sands at Grace Bay. The layout of the property was lovely with the many palm trees and flowers throughout the resort. Interesting critters on the beach were the ghost crabs which I have never seen in CT; look for them. The beach was as beautiful as reviews said - even on cloudy days. Yes, we did get our share of rain with occasional thunder & lightning that flooded the streets making driving difficult and causing the resort to lose power twice. We plan to go back to get the tan we missed!

Room Tip: We stayed in Bldg 3 on the 3rd floor-a 1 bedroom suite with a partial ocean view facing the parking lot. It was very nice and quiet. The balcony was a nice size and fully screened to keep mosquitoes and dragonflys out; great feature.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank piscitelli26
GeneralManager003_13, Guest Relations Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear piscitelli26,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at The Sands at Grace Bay. We appreciate the time you took to let us know of your experiences and that we were able to make your vacation great with us.

We were delighted to see that you found the grounds and the beach to be beautiful even during some rainy days. We sure need it to help keep the beautiful flowers and shrubbery looking lush and tropical.

We are sorry about the power outages that occurred on our side of the island. The Power Company worked to restore power as quickly as possible and we hope there were no inconveniences.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Warmest regards,

Adrian Archer
Duty Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This being my third October in a row visiting Provo,& still Loving it!!
The staff at The Sands is so attentive & well trained. The grounds are constantly being manicured,the restaurant Hemingway's is excellent. All the drinks are made perfectly!! The rooms are decorated superbly,& updated. I know it's hurricane season,but I've been lucky enough to have had great weather all three times I've visited. I can go on for pages about this place,but I'm trying to keep it my little secret. :-)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kpriv222
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love, love The Sands at Grace Bay! We have stayed at this property twice now and it is a true gem. We had a two bedroom suite this time with wonderful view of the ocean. Huge great big patios which is lovely to sit on for a break from the sand!
Easy parking near unit and not to far at all to get to the wonderful turquoise ocean of Grace Bay!
They surprised me with a birthday cake and a bottle of bubbly...how nice was that!
If there was one thing I would mention a little more thought could be into the 2nd room, it really needed a heavier curtain than the blinds especially as it was facing out on the landing, this would help with noise and people coming back late at night.
Everyone at reception to the bellman was smiling and made us feel very welcome.
Always someone to help with chairs and umbrellas on the beach and of course beach service is a big plus for those Piña Colada moments.
Purrfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasTravelingkitty

Dear TexasTravelingkitty,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor and returning back to The Sands at Grace Bay for the second time! We appreciate your business and were delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your kind words about our smiling staff. They work hard to provide great customer service.

You are so right when you say “the turquoise ocean is a wonderful” view as well as easy access parking. We are so glad to have made your birthday a special surprise for you. Also, we will certainly look into your suggestion you mentioned about the second bedroom.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions, We look forward to welcoming you back to Providenciales on your 3rd trip!

Warmest Regards,

Adrian Archer
Duty Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have always dreamed of visiting Turks and Caicos and was finally able to get the chance because of the great deals Sands was offering around the end of September. Came here with my family and stayed in a nice 2 bedroom condo, one closer to the front office. When we first arrived they offered us to stay at one of the units closer to the beach but the look out was on the parking lot and it was nice to be in a unit more far back because it was quieter.

The property was vast and very clean. There are a lot of geckos, slugs, crabs, and cats running around so if you are not really into the "wild" type of place, I wouldn't recommend staying here. I really enjoyed my cat friends I made who would sit outside of our condo waiting for a morning treat. The condo itself was very clean and spacious. I never felt like it was unclean and the beds had a lot of pillows which is a big plus for me. The kitchen had all the utensils we needed and we often cooked our meals in there. I really liked the little patio set up and eating dinner in there, protected from the mosquitos, was great.

The beach was amazing, the pictures can't do it justice. The water was super clear and calm and it was nice to use the free tubes provided at the beach to just float around, along with the free snorkeling gear we could rent. The pool was nice and there were two of them. The one near the beach was a bit cleaner and more relaxing while the river like pool was fun for kids and a lot more shallow.

The restaurant at the resort was nice and the food was great. The drinks at the bar there were awesome and very strong! Bartenders were very friendly and helpful!

Next time I am back, I would definitely like to stop back here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AvidTravler123
GeneralManager003_13, Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear AvidTravler123,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our accommodations and resort facilities. We were delighted to know that you found our two-bedroom suites to be of good value and that we made your dreams of visiting the Turks and Caicos a reality.

It was nice to learn that you found your room clean, spacious and well appointed.
Yes, many guests find the screened-in patios relaxing and a nice environment to enjoy dinner in. Indeed, our property is rather large and we like to keep it clean. Since we are in the tropics you will typically sight small geckos, Caribbean lizards, dragon flies, butterflies and other innocuous insects quite commonplace in lush surroundings. Children get such a kick out of finding Caribbean lizards and counting them.

You are right when you say “Grace Bay Beach is truly amazing with its clear, turquoise waters” and we are thrilled to know that you took advantage of our complimentary water sports equipment and pools. And, Hemingway’s has some wonderful offerings with friendly staff.

Again thank you for your feedback we appreciate the time you took to let us know how your stay was.

We look forward to seeing you return soon.

Warmest regards,