I had been drooling over pictures of Sands via the internet and their fb page for months prior to our trip and it did not disappoint. I'll try to focus on the Sands here and write a trip report in a TA forum asap. I'll try to include a few tips (I hope), since I really appreciated everyone's here on TA -- let me thank everyone now for all their tips, feedback.
We arrived early and our room was ready. I read some negative reviews about the front desk service but my husband and I found EVERYONE to be so nice, funny and friendly!! We were greeted with our first rum punch of the trip and it was delish. We were taken to our room (studio courtyard) and I thought we must have been upgraded because the room had a separate bedroom; however, I asked about our specific room when we left so I could request in WHEN we return to the Sands and they said it was their studio. Wow! We were in building 3 (great/close to water and Hemmingway's) on second floor (3202 to be exact). We walked into a cute living room with nice-sized mini fridge and microwave, which was all we needed. The bathroom looked updated and we had a nice bedroom with plenty of closet space throughout. Some complained about the bed but honestly, the bed and pillows were so comfy I wished I could have packed them up to take home....best sleep I've had in years!! Oh, forgot to mention their was a very nice note with a bottle of wine for our anniversary -- thank you, that was nice nice of you Sands!
After we got settled (tore open the suitcases to dig for bathing suits) we headed to the beach for our first look at Grace Bay -- no words really. The water is just like in all the pictures it is true...the Sands has the best area/setup.
The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed going to all little areas of the pool.
We ate at Hemmingway's a few times and enjoyed both staff and meals each time. For lunch one day I had the cold pasta and asked if they could add chicken to it -- no problem and it was so good. Next time I'll order that for takeout so I can have it for dinner some evening. Our last night we ate right by the railing and had a very romantic dinner -- the perfect end to a perfect visit. There was a couple actually dining on the beach complete with tiki torches -- does it get any better, really?!
We walked up and down the beach and for us, the Sands was the right fit. I'm sure there are many nice places but the Sands has the relaxed island feel we love. I made my husband go to Grace Bay Club one/only cloudy day to check out the Infiniti Bar (not what I expected) and even if I could afford to stay there, it was just too "modern" for us. The Sands has the island feel with the open lobby, wicker...LOVED IT!!!
We took advantage of the complimentary bikes and all the beach "toys". I wish I could include more names to thank but a big shoutout goes to Eddy. We wanted to try the Hobie Cat before we left but were afraid to go it alone. He took us out for a ride but there was no wind and he pushed us all the way back, and would not let us help. To the couple that took a picture and tried to get our email address to send it to us...lol, too funny. Thanks Eddy.
We also tired the paddle boards and Kayaks -- again, very nice that Sands offers free use.
Tips: -- Took everyone's suggestion and headed to Graceway Gourmet for supplies. Walked first time and rode bikes our next visit. We were able to get lunch meat, etc. to last a week for around $70. Our next visit we'll try to buy more dinner items and eat a few more meals in room to save $. It was so nice to head up to our room for lunch and then back to beach/pool. We also packed lunch for Taylor Bay by using the ice bucket to keep our sandwiches cool.
-- Please go visit Potcake Place. What a wonderful organization. When we come back I hope to be a courier for one of these loving pups.
-- We were there 6 full days (7 nights Sept. 23-30) and rented a car for 3 days from Grace Bay rental. They were wonderful (had rented for 2 days and we were having so much fun exploring we stopped by their office on our last day and added another day..no problem). Driving on the "wrong" side was easier than my husband thought as long as I yelled "look to right, stay to left" on every turn.
-- Anyway, the car allowed us to go to Taylor Bay, Chalk Sound...etc. Please try to hit these areas as well. I have NEVER seen water the color of Chalk Sound and that includes in Hawaii, Australia, Curacao....etc. Stop at Las Brisas for lunch.
I'm sure I'm leaving out so much so please feel free to contact me for questions. I'm sure every month is nice but we really did enjoy the quiet of September. We loved having beaches like Long Bay Beach to ourselves and going out to eat was not a problem as far as worrying about reservations -- although I would suggest one for Coco Bistro. And..the water was like bath water...another WOW!!
From check-in to check-out, the Sands was fast, friendly and very helpful. Literally the first day back I was checking flights and planning our return trip.
Have a wonderful time in paradise and a big thanks to The Sands for making our first trip to Provo the best vacation to date!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales