We just arrived back last night (9/22/2013) from our 5 day stay at the Sands. When we arrived expectations were met, as the resort was exactly as displayed on the website. We were upgraded to a 1 BR garden view room free of charge. All staff at the resort were welcoming and very nicely manner. Most of them would go out of their way to speak to you and to make sure you were okay. The condo was very clean and updated, no complaints about the room at all. Felt like our second home. Hemingways was great but it came at a price. Look to spend some money if you plan on eating out every day/night. I recommend going to the local grocery store to grab some things so you don't have to spend as much on food. Tip: Some of the items at the market are 3 times as much compared to our prices in the states. Beach was very nice and relaxing. This was a nice relaxing vacation. Don't forget your bug spray, the mosquitoes will bite you up. We really don't have any bad things to say about this resort. This vacation met our expectations, we would return to the Sands if we decide to re-visit T&C in the future.
Some tips that may help future travelers:
*Cab fare from airport was $14/person in September 2013
*Don't forget your bug spray
*Bring your alcohol before you arrive at T&C. Prices are super high once you are there.
*The gourmet market (grocery store) is less than a 10 minute bike ride from the resort.
*The pizza place will deliver to your room.
Great job to the staff at The Sands, they really made the vacation enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, West Indies, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales