The Sands at Grace Bay
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$559
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$585
$567
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$434
$364
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$556
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$550
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$918
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$1,113
$697
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotels.com
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$800
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,250
1,990 results
All reviewsocean viewhemingways restaurantgrace bayscreened in porchgrocery storefull kitchenwasher and dryerrum punchan umbrellasands resorthobie catsother resortspaddle boardsbeautiful beachon site restaurantcoral gardensrented a car
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful but too short vacation to the Sands Resort, Providenciales, T&C and had nearly a perfect trip!
We booked our vacation through "cheapcaribbean.com" and no issues with airlines, or car rental. There was a slight hiccup with one of the room reservations once we go to the hotel but it might have caused a 10 minute delay and was resolved to everyone’s satisfaction. I'm not sure what happened, but it seemed like the reservation department for the hotel is located off site and somehow the reservation didn't flow from there to the front desk. Both couples that went were given nice room upgrades and the issue was nonexistent after that.

We stayed in room 3108 which in my opinion is the building you want to be in as it is closer to the beach and we could see the ocean from the family room area. The pools were right out the front door and the restaurant/bar were right there as well. Our room was comfortable with plenty of space but was setup kind of weird. You entered from the front door directly into the room with the bed and then had to walk through there, past the bathroom to the family room area, almost seems like it should be setup the other way around. Again, I'm not complaining and if you're bringing kids with you, it would work well having the pullout couch. It also had a mini fridge, microwave and an assortment of dishes, glasses and silverware. The bed was comfortable, no bug issues, hot water issues and the maids did a great job everyday!

Our friends stayed in 1202 which was more of a standard hotel room but was large. They had a king-size bed plus everything I mentioned above AND a washer and dryer, I would've loved to have had that in our room! I saw some workers bringing some more into some other rooms so possibly they are adding them to more rooms. Just know that some rooms do have them so if that’s important to you, ask for a room with that.

The beach was fantastic! There were probably 25 or so little Tiki Huts setup and no shortage of chairs. If you wanted to use snorkel gear, paddle boards, kayaks or even one of the sailboats, you just had to check it out. I think one of the guys was even giving quick little lessons on how to use the sailboats. Beach towels were also handed out so it was nice not having to pack any of that stuff. A waitress also would come by for drink orders as you lounged around at the pool or on the beach. The sand was incredibly soft and the water perfectly clear. There was a small amount of snorkeling to be had right out from the hotel but the reef comes in almost to the shore with just a 15 minute walk down the beach.

- Hemingway’s is right on the property and had great food and friendly service!
- There were bikes you could check-out and make the 5 min or less trip down to the shops or stores. The resort is very close to the little "downtown" area.
- A nice tennis court and rackets you could borrow
- A small convenience store on site
- The grounds were impeccably maintained!
- The gym was nice and had what you needed.
- AC worked incredibly well!
- We did not use the spa on our vist,

We visited 09/05/2013 - 09/10/2013 and I guess this is during the T&C low season and it sometimes felt as if we had the entire resort to ourselves!

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about our stay at this property and would have no problem with going back and staying here again. We checked out many other resorts both prior to going and while we were there, some looked to be a little newer but after factoring in location, price, having to "rent" out snorkel gear and being nickel and dimed in other areas, chose Sands and am glad we did. I'm sorry to the staff that I didn't write any of your names down but everyone was great!

Things to note about Provo in general:
1. It's not cheap! With that said, before you go and spend the extra money to stay at an all inclusive, there are so many great restaurants to eat at - Hemigways, Bugaloos (went there about 4 times - awesome), Somewhere Cafe, Coco Bistro (mmm good and awesome atmosphere!), Stelle (at the Gansevoort). I would strongly suggest not doing it, go to the store to pick up some breakfast, lunch and snacks and enjoy dinner and an occasional lunch out. Do the math on the price difference between Beeches and Sands and that’s pretty much all food and liquor related.
2. Rent a small SUV, at least for part of the time, there is an Avis office about a mile down the road and they will pick you up and drop off. We had one for the first 3 days of our stay and about the time I got used to driving on the “wrong” side of the road and all of the roundabouts, I had to turn it in. I regret not keeping it and just 1 or 2 taxi rides a day covers the cost of it.
3. If you do not want to rent a car for whatever reason, CALL Solomon at 649-347-3127, he is friendly, honest and will lower his prices for you if you keep calling him back. Do NOT get into a cab with Eugene, he scared one family to death one night and appeared to be drunk. I think the resort found out about it and has banned him but just in case….
4. Buy liquor at the Duty Free in Miami
5. Explore! We drove all over the place, Soapadilla Bay, Chalk Sound, went fishing out at Bonefish Point and never had a nervous moment – well the road out to Bonefish Point was nerve racking but not because of any suspicious people! If you go there, I would say don’t go alone only because of the remoteness.
6. Lastly, the people here are generally friendly, want you to be here, and A LOT of them will go out of their way for you – tip them if they provide you good service, don’t forget about the maids, the Bellhops, ETC – personally after going here and seeing some of the huge food costs I don’t know how some survive here but was told things are really hustling when the tourist season starts around Thanksgiving. If you want to go on any snorkeling trips or parasailing trips or any other type of activity, let the guys working in the stand near the beach set it up, they’ll be more than happy to and I think they might get a small little “finder’s fee” for doing it.

Room Tip: I would suggest building 3 rooms only due to the proximity to the beach, pools and resturant / bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

There is NOTHING like the turquoise waters of the Caribbean and the soft white sand beneath your feet. Staying at an oceanfront one-bedroom suite at The Sands at Grace Bay brought this incredible view right into my living room... as if I could reach out and touch the evening sunset, or float away on the pink reflection in the early morning wisps of clouds at sunrise. The enormous wrap-around veranda style balcony was a tremendous asset, overlooking the pool, Hemingway's restaurant, and the beautiful Caribbean sea. I went for 10 days (end of AUG, beginning of SEP) ~ after the crowds had subsided ~ and experienced the serene and tranquil relaxation I was looking for. The staff was friendly, and I ate a majority of my meals on the beach front terrace at the resort's Hemingway's restaurant... delicious! Over the 10 days, I thoroughly enjoyed 3 hot stone massages by Dimas, at the hotel's Spa Tropical, and also purchased some excellent skin care products. I would go back in a heartbeat !

Room Tip: I highly recommend spending the extra $$ for an upgrade to an oceanfront room in building #3... rates are less expensive during the months of JUNE thru SEPTEMBER (increasingly so as you approach September, their slowest month).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PacPalKaren
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Loved this place...loved the island...love the beach. I travel a lot to the Caribbean but this is the best most restful place I have ever been. The beach is the best on the island. The prices for this resort are very reasonable compared to other resorts. Do yourself a favor and go!!

Room Tip: ocean front is the only way to go...D
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bobbyandmarie
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Sands @ Grace Bay has the best location in Provo.Centrally located, it is an easy walk to all the other resorts and is right next door to our favorite restaurant, Bay Bistro. The resort is very nice and easy to navigate..not too big or too small. The vibe is relaxed. Agreeing with some prior reviews, the service is sometimes friendly, sometimes indifferent...except for Barbara, the Front Desk Manager, Delroy, who helped us with our beach ammenities and the wonderful and accomdating Miss Shirley. I think Miss Shirley actually runs the operation! The 2 bedroom suites are spacious and pristine and will appointed. We are definitely booking again next February.

Room Tip: Ground floor units are the best since you have direct access outside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Turks and Caicos is the tranquility of the Caribbean with the high end restaurants of Manhattan. The whole experience was phenomenal and our stay at The Sands helped to make the overall trip more affordable. My boyfriend and I had such an amazing trip which was enhanced by the knowledge that we got good value for our money.

The Sands is central to the other resorts, has a great pool area and a real mix of clientele; couples, families and groups. There is a kitchenette and good sized balcony in every room which both make a huge difference. There is only one restaurant in the hotel which is nice enough but The Sands is so central it's easy to get around the island and explore what the other hotels have to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple