Our family of four stayed at The Sands for a week in July. This was our first time in TCI. We really enjoyed The Sands and TCI. The resort is a very nice and affordable option for this island. We stayed on building 3 on the 3rd floor with an ocean view room, although I have reserved a garden view. The rooms are big and updated. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook a meal although we only had breakfast in the room. We had two big balconies with amazing ocean views. The beach is gorgeous and the color of the water unreal! There are empty lots on both sizes of The Sands so the beach is never crowded and we never had a problem finding an umbrella. The resort is within walking distance of several restaurants and shops and we used the bikes to go to the grocery store the first day before we rented a car. We used the kayaks, Hobie Cats and paddle boards all included with the resort. We also walked to the reef to snorkel; it is about a 20 minute walk away from the Sands after you pass the crowed Beaches resort.
We had most of our lunches and two dinners at Hemingway’s, the restaurant at The Sands. We enjoyed the food served for lunch more. We walked to Mango Reef and Lupo and we took the car to Somewhere and Flamingo for dinner.
We rented a car for two days. We took the ferry to North Caicos and rented a car there to visit Middle Caicos. Beautiful and secluded! We had lunch at Mudjin Bar and Grill which had incredible views and good food. We visited Daniel’s café for a drink and the Middle Caicos Co-op and bought three baskets.
The other day with the car we went to Taylor Bay during the morning and had a lunch at Las Brisas. Taylor Bay is gorgeous and empty!
We had a great stay at The Sands. We loved TCI. The islands seem flat and empty compared with Kauai or St John but Grace Bay and Taylor Bay are gorgeous. Mudjin Harbor is spectacular. TCI is all about the stunning beaches and water. It is really nice and relaxing to be able to stay in a resort and walk to very nice restaurants for lunch or dinner. Walking for miles on Grace Bay early every morning was an amazing way to start the day. The Sands was the perfect place to spend our family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales