We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with ocean views. Suite was immaculate and spacious, with high end kitchen, large balcony, and nice sized master bed and bath. Grounds were perfectly maintained, with lovely landscaping around the pool areas, an adults only hot tub, and the beach! Beach was every bit as nice as it looks in pictures, with beautiful caribbean blue water and gentle surf.
We were there week of Feb 16th, so peak high season. During week beach chairs were "reserved" very early. I had to walk down to beach by 7AM to put towels on chairs to hold them and have an umbrella put up. There were some families who came later and there were no chairs left; that was the only shortcoming of the place. They had kayaks and paddle boards for guest use, also bikes, a small sailboat, and tennis courts. All were complimentary and easily available.
There is a tiny convenience store on the property - as you'd expect prices were very high. There is a shuttle that runs to IGA grocery store once in the AM and once in the PM, price was about $10. Totally worth doing a big grocery run at beginning of week. Prices at grocery store were higher than US but not outrageous.
Taxi rates are also very high - to take cab to dinner was about $10 per person each way - so for our family of four it was $80 before tip just to go out. Because of this we mostly had dinner at restaurants within walking distance: Mango reef is 5 minute walk down the beach and is fabulous; Grace's cottage is one resort down and has beautiful garden dining; we also walked to a little shopping center about 10 minutes away and had a casual dinner at Pizza Pizza. I highly recommend all 3 places. Hemingway's is the restaurant at Sands and I thought food was just OK, the bar though is very nice.
One last comment on atmosphere. This is a smaller property compared to some of the mega resorts along the beach, and definitely catered to families. For us it was perfect - I wasn't looking for a kids clubs and tons of scheduled activities, I wanted a nice place to relax and that's exactly what we found.
Beautiful beach, excellent accommodations, I would definitely recommend. Only reason for 4 star vs 5 is that I travel a lot and would not consider this a "luxury" hotel, but again we were totally satisfied and had a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales