We spent 6 nights at the Sands and we were still sorry to leave! In terms of location, it is absolutely exceptional. The beach is fantastic, so turquoise, calm, pristine, and unspoiled. Also, not busy at all. There is no construction going anywhere close to the Sands and you can walk through the beach to great restaurants.
The hotel - this is the first time in 6 years that we don't stay at the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons (we figured the kids are not toddlers anymore, so we don't need all the services/infrastructure and we never use their spas, anyway) and we loved the easy going and relaxed atmosphere. It was the first time we made good friends with other guests as well. The pools are a lot of fun for the kids, and the hotel feels very safe. Rooms are clean and spacious, and the service is so-so: good if you absolutely go with the flow, dubious if you need something a little bit out of the context (for example, there is no room service and I tried to have someone bring me 2 raw eggs from the restaurant as a favor - which of course I mentioned would be well remunerated with a nice tip - caused major confusion in the employees' minds. For the price you pay for this WONDERFUL vacation these services' glitches are forgiven, just keep in mind that everything moves in ISLAND TIME. Nice surprise is that there is free wireless internet in the rooms and an amazing number of cable channels. We brought our all DVD player which for our family is a must.
We had a great half-day boat private tour (which runs for $800 in a 29') which was pricey but worth it.
We highly recommend this trip and will come back anytime we need a tropical vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales