In many ways, The Sands is the best place to stay. It is close enough to the action, but sits out on a very peaceful part of the beach and is the best value.
For excitement, Seven Stars & Grace Bay Club are really at the best location. They have the most beach activity and centrally located to the densest grouping of lively restaurants, Infinity Bar, etc. And behind them on the road side are some decent stores, the potcakes puppy rescue/adoption, lemon 2 go coffee, Graceway Gourmet grocery store, and Danny Buoy's Irish pub (if you're into horrendous karaoke from a Minnesota couple). But Seven Stars and Grace Bay Club are twice the price of The Sands. You know you're going to enjoy a night stroll or a beach walk, so save the money and stay at The Sands. And the beach in front of The Sands is actually a better spot to set up your base camp as it is quiet and pristine (though it never really gets that crowded anywhere along the beach). Drawbacks on The Sands are things I don't care about - thin towels (ask for the big ones at the beach), thin walls (don't spend much time in your room unless pregaming), and weak punch (just add your own rum). Pros are the things I do care about - screened porch with ocean views, good pool options open til 11pm, hot tub under the stars, copious free bikes to ride, decent restaurant (Heminways) with bartenders rooting for the Celtics, and great beach spot. If you attempt to save money and book towards the end of Club Med, Royal West Indies, etc. you likely will feel you are at Revere Beach or in the Others Camp on Lost. If price is not a concern, Grace Bay Club & Seven Stars would be the first choice. After Amanyara obviously. But for friends looking for fun, young couples, and families, Sands is just perfect.
As an attractive 38 year old mother in the hot tub said, it's a great place for her and her 9 & 11 year old kids. A kids oriented place like "Beaches" would've been a nightmare for her and her husband, as they are on vacation to get away from that. But The Sands works for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales