The Sands at Grace Bay
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$411
$365
Hotels.com
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$799
Ports of Call Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$219
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$680
Orbitz.com
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$370
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$578
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,700
$612
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$419
Travelocity
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,000
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$855
1,976 results
All reviewsocean viewhemingways restaurantgrace bayscreened in porchgrocery storefull kitchenwasher and dryerrum punchan umbrellasands resorthobie catsother resortspaddle boardsbeautiful beachon site restaurantcoral gardensrented a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I just finished five lovely days at this resort and would come back again. Even though it is considered the off season, there was enough staff to see that everyone was happy and enjoying themselves. Beverly and Barbara worked hard to see that things ran smoothly. Housekeeping was wonderful and our room was clean and fresh each day. Plenty of luxurious towels and fresh bedding. Our suite was complete with kitchen and laundry amenities.
The pools were sparkling and clear and there were towels for the beach as well. And the beach was stunning! Soft, powdery sand on an endless stretch of beach just off the pool area made for wonderful swimming in the aquamarine waters.
We scheduled a scuba/snorkel trip with Ocean Vibes tours on Tuesday and had a fantastic trip. Andrae (?) our dive master and Paul our boat captain were experts at what they do, making our trip safe and exciting beyond our expectations. My husband was able to dive with a number of sharks in some excellent waters as I snorkeled above them, enjoying the vast variety of fish that Paul beckoned with his secret fish communication system. Thanks, Paul, for all of the interesting information on so many fish! And, thanks Andrae, for keeping my husband alive way down there in the depths of that beautful water! Your expertise and patience made our trip one to remember for a long time. I would certainly recommend Ocean Vibes Tours for your water activities. Tasha keeps things humming along smoothly in the office and is the best transportation service we experieced on the island. AND she keeps the floors clean in the office! Good work, girl.
Our Turtle Tours transfers from the airport to resort and back left a bit to be desired as they seemed to lack communication. It took close to an hour for them to arrive at the airport to take us to the Sands and on the return trip we had to contact them from the room and remind them that we needed transportation back.
This was our 30 year anniversary vacation trip and I must say that it was fantastic. We would come back again anytime.

Room Tip: As someone else said, the ocean front rooms are the rooms to book. We had an ocean view, but it overlooked a sidewalk between buildings. But, the ocean could be seen on the horizon, so it was an ocean 'view' room. There was updating going on by the construction crews as this was off season, but they were not in the least irritating or in the way during our stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StLouisMaureen
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I just got back form a mother daughter weekend(adult daughters). I was very pleased with T&C and the Sands. The room was very nice and updated. If you get ocean view, that is all it is, Ocean front is much better. We were ocean view and not that special. Just peaceful and clean. The one repair we had was promptly handled . The housekeeping was perfect. We dealt very little with the front desk, but I must say Micheal was very helpful. The others at the front were too busy on their cellphones texting to be of much help. Fortunately we didn't require much. The resturant staff was so NOT helpful we chose not to eat there much. Sounds like I am complaining. I guess I am. The staff was either very good or zero. Just think they need some rules and supervision. I plan to go back and hope to take my whole family with babies etc. Think I will stay there again. The layout and facilities were very good for families and the porches are tremendous. The beach is perfect. I did read the beach was "protected" from boat traffic and was dissapointed to see so many boats zooming by. T&C needs to enforce that rule so it doesn't turn into a Cancun. Hope this helps. Oh and my massage was wonderful. If you want a serious deep tissue massge ask for Gail. I have a massage regularly so am picky and she was very good.

Room Tip: Get ocean front, I think building 3 was the one.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank TAbeliever
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband, myself and our 10 year old daughter stayed in Room 3310 from Aug. 13 - 19. If you're interested in a FABULOUS Ocean view, this room and it's HUGE balcony were amazing!!! The entire condo was more than what we expected. We had 2 bathrooms (1 with washer/dryer), Large Master BR, beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops, breakfast bar, stainless steel appl, fully loaded with pots, pans, dishes etc., Large LR with a sleeper sofa for our daughter. There are 4 sets of sliding glass doors leading out to the very spacious screened in balcony. Whenever we were in the condo, we were on the balcony 95% of the time....
The resort itself is very well maintained, clean and easy to get around. The beach and ocean were spectacular!!!! This is our 5th island and all agree that the water itself was the prettiest we've ever seen! Every morning we started our day by staking out our Tiki Umbrella for the day.....there was always plenty and never ever felt we were "on top" of any other guests, quite frankly, the beach never had more than 20 people or so at any given time. The sunsets are gorgeous right there on the beach or from Hemingway's. Speaking of Hemingway's, we did not have one bad meal!!! I highly recommend the blackened salmon for dinner and the sweet chili steak salad for lunch. The wait staff is hit or miss....some (mostly the men) were very friendly and some -- not so much. We started to get used to it and realized it's the same wherever we went on the island. No biggie, certainly didn't put a damper on our trip, just thought I should mention it.
We would also recommend taking the short walk into town. About 15 mins., 20 mins to the grocery store. We had Pizza Pizza for dinner along with homemade ice cream from Island Scoop downstairs -- both were delicious!!!! Our best dinner (food, atmosphere, wait staff, etc.) was at Coco Bistro. Wish we went back for a second time!!! Make your reservation to coincide with the sunset, truly and amazing, magical experience!!! Just and FYI, the 4 nights we walked into town, we walked along the sidewalk on our way, then on the way back we entered one of the many "beach access" roads and walked back along the beach. Was really nice that way and if we got too hot, we cooled off in the ocean....
The snorkel excursion was fun -- I think the advertisement on the boat and literature in brochure mentions "glass bottom boat", it's not. Still was fun and worth the $$, just don't have your heart set on a glass bottom boat. We had freedom to snorkel for as long as we wanted in three separate spots along with diving for sand dollars. The guys that run the boat are entertaining and they keep the rum punch flowing!!! along with finishing your excursion with a fresh Conch salad. I admit, I chickened out from eating the raw Conch, but my hubby and all others seemed to really enjoy it.
All in All, if and when we go back, we would book the exact same room and probably buy more food from the local grocery store in town for breakfasts and lunches. Yes, the grocery store is expensive but compared to eating just about every meal out, it would have saved us some $$. No regrets! We didn't have a bad meal between us the entire trip, we would just consider packing a few lunches to take with us to the beach every day. Hope this helps if you were considering staying at the Sands!!! and Enjoy if you do!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jilly614
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you haven't traveled to Turks and Cacois islands you must add it to your list of must see destinations. Words cannot begin to describe the beauty of the water, beach and sky. The water illuminates in the most beautiful shades of turquoise you will ever see. The sand is soft and pure white like talcum powder, sunsets breathtaking.
The staff at the Sands are both friendly and gracious and provide assistance with a smile, no attitudes here.
The island can be pricey, but you won't regret the experience.
I have fallen in love with Turks and Cacios and if you visit once you will be hooked line and sinker .
I am returning again in November and I cannot wait!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank sealif
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a anniversary celebration here 9/1 to 9/8/12. Was very pleased with the resort, very quiet, maintained wonderfully. Arrival and getting to the resort was no problem, quick ride and I think a price of $11 a person. Taxi easy to get no preplanning needed for transfers. I had emailed the resort earlier since it was anniversary to request a upgrade if possible since it was down time. When we arrived it had on reservation we were upgraded, not sure to what but it was a nice view. We had purchased the courtyard view I believe and were upgraded to "garden view"? We were room 5304 had view of hot tub pool and could see the ocean from room. We were set back aways and would of liked closer to front and a 1 bedroom but that never was offered. At this time of year they had several buildings they weren't using due to their down time and they were upgrading rooms so they weren't able to move us. Found this out at check out to that we couldn't do late check out since rooms were short and someone was coming into ours. Rooms for studio are small but nice. Kitchen very minimal, microwave, bar refrigrator and small sink with a few plates, cups bowls pitcher silverware wine glasses and opener. Made due and bought a cooler at store to store all the beer! Beds and pillow were very comfortable and we loved the front porch to sit and relax with coffee or wine. Pools were great, the lazy river was nice but the pool upfront kept you cooler with the breeze coming through, the others got hot with no wind blowing. Ocean was great, loved being able to walk every morning for so far, disappointed there weren't more bars along the way to stop at. You can't find better sand or color of water, it's beautiful!
The resort takes you to the grocery store if you want to go twice a day, think 9:30 am and 6:30pm for $9 per person. The prices at their little store are high but nice to have available. Prices at the big IGA are still pricey compared to USA, makes you thankful for sure. Eating out was trickey as with September being down time there's alot of restaurants shut down for the month repairing to. Was very disappointed in that and didn't even get to the Da Conch Shack. Hemmingway's was good food, we ate there a couple time, had a big lobster bbq on Friday.
All in all with what we spent and the time to get it I think next time I'd seriously look at a inclusive, Beaches was right down the beach and it looked busy. We had a friend / travel agent say the same thing. Nothing wrong with The Sands but think convenience and the fun of trying new things and not having to pay constantly is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms up by Hemminways which is ocean front. We were 5304 and it was the next to last one back by Lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple