I read a lot of reviews before going to Turks and it's true. The Sands is NOT a 4 star hotel but..there is no reason not to go. It is very comfortable and clean and well cared for. My room was not in one of the front buildings but it isn't far to the beach from anywhere. The beach is beautiful and not very crowded. Much better than Beaches Resort where you can barely move between chairs.
.Hemingway's was good and very nice at night.There are many good restaurants close. Bella Luna and Parallel 23 were our favorites. The only disappointment for me was the pools. There are 3 if you count a 12ft diameter kids pool and a second one smaller than a backyard pool. So there is one large one that isn't really large. The winding river is nice but really just for kids, being 2ft deep and up to 2ft 6 in at most. The beach makes up for it.
The best part are the people. Everyone was genuinely kind and helpful un like The Dominican Republic where they are actually mean and not helpful at all.
I would definitely recommend going. The island is beautiful.
If you like to snorkel check out the Sun charters for the best trip. The owner is very knowledgeable and doesn't herd you around with a million people. You can go to private quiet places with tons of wildlife. It was amazing. The ship is called Atabeyra. The best trip out of 4 other islands, personal service, don't miss it! call 231-0624
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, West Indies and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales