We did a lot of research and ended up staying at the second floor Beach Apartment. The valus for money was perfect for what we were interested in, which was, mainly doing not a lot. The view from the porches (one screened and one open) was phenomenal. The kitchen was fully appointed in "old camp" sort of way. Being able to shop at the local grocery and make your own breakfasts and lunches made it feel very much of a home as opposed to a hotel. Best of both worlds, as we could walk across the grounds to the Bay Bistro and enjoy some very nice open air dinners in the evening. Being so close to the beach was very nice, too. Though there were "no-see-ums" at night and my husband came home with some pretty bad bug bites. Next time we can book this place, we will use bug spray on exposed skin.
The downside was, as reported in other reviews, the wireless connection did drop quite a lot. The ladder at the pool was so loose, I didn't dare get in for fear of not being able to get out. The Bay Bistro restaurant is not part of the hotel, though they do have a certain "arrangement" for providing the continental breakfast and you do have to make your own dinner reservations. But on the whole, we'd definetly plan on going back there again.
Other tips (as this was indeed our first visit to the TCI), rent a car from Grace Bay Car Rentals, but be careful where you go, some of the roads were near impassable. Try the local rum. There weren't as much birdlife as one would expect, next time we go, we'd like to go on to the other islands. But by far, if you are looking for an island less traveled, this is the place. On the expensive side as everything has to be shipped in, common with most islands. The airport is being expanded as the existing one is woefully old and cramped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For casual elegance, relaxation and value Sibonne Beach Hotel is an intimate hotel directly on Grace Bay Beach - one of the best beaches in the world. With room amenities of a modern resort - we offer comfortable accommodations, lush garden or ocean views, fresh water pool and the best location on Grace Bay Beach. Our everyday value rates makes Sibonne Beach Hotel the best choice for your Caribbean vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sibonne Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibonne Beach Providenciales
- Hotel Sibonne Beach
- Sibonne Beach Hotel Turks And Caicos/Providenciales