My girlfriends (2) and I stayed at Sibonne Beach Hotel for 3 nights from 4/16-4/19 to celebrate my 30th birthday. I was glad we chose this place because 1) Turks and Caicos is super expensive and although we paid $699 for 3 nights, this is a budget price! 2) The hotel is RIGHT on Grace Bay Beach, the most beautiful beach in Providenciales! 3) There is a restaurant on hotel premises, Bay Bistro (which makes things a bit more convenient:). Although we read on TA that Bay Bistro's food was amazing, we thought the food was very mediocre and highly priced. We are 3 gals living and working in Manhattan, so maybe our standards are a bit high who knows?
The hotel is like a 3 star hotel. Nothing special, but very clean which was nice. Grace Bay Beach was drop-dead gorgeous!!
The only complaint for this hotel is... The heavyset woman who works at the front desk doesn't really try to help us at all. When we asked about recommended restaurants, car rentals, info regarding booking scuba dive trips, she told us "You have to call them directly, using the phone in your room." Local calls are $1.60 USD per minute! She would not make ANY calls for us. Just to let you know, it would be convenient for you if you had roaming on your phone or some wifi-free long distance calling app. If not, you will spend a lot of money making local calls to inquire about activities, etc.
Just FYI, You will also spend a lot of money taking taxis everywhere. If you don't take a taxi, you will be stuck on hotel premises and eat at Bay Bistro your entire stay. Walking to the city center takes about 20 minutes, you can walk on the beach or walk on the roads (where only cars drive by). This is totally doable durnig the day. However, at night if you are female and just by yourself or with a few friends, don't risk walking back. Must cab back to hotel (we even asked restaurant staff for their opinion and they told us to take cab back). Cab one way to or from city center to hotel is $15. It is about a 5 minute drive (ugh:) But worth it, don't risk it.
During the last 24 hrs of our stay, we rented a car from Avis. It was really affordable. $86 including taxes, fees, full liability insurance. Avis picked us up from hotel, drove us to their shop where we would choose our car. We returned it the next day before our flight at the airport (saves us airport taxi money, which is one way $45)! Totally recommended!! (but remember, you have to call from your hotel room:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For casual elegance, relaxation and value Sibonne Beach Hotel is an intimate hotel directly on Grace Bay Beach - one of the best beaches in the world. With room amenities of a modern resort - we offer comfortable accommodations, lush garden or ocean views, fresh water pool and the best location on Grace Bay Beach. Our everyday value rates makes Sibonne Beach Hotel the best choice for your Caribbean vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Sibonne Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibonne Beach Providenciales
- Hotel Sibonne Beach
- Sibonne Beach Hotel Turks And Caicos/Providenciales