Returned last night from a long weekend at the Royal West Indies. Provo is beautiful and it was the best long weekend my wife and I have ever taken. The room was perfect, the beach and pools were immaculate and the lunches and drinks we had at the Mango Restaurant were fine.
We ate at Hemmingway's (at the Sands), Aqua (Turtle Cove), Sharkbites(Turtle Cove), and Magnolia (Turtle Cove). All were very good, although be advised that Sharkbites is a beer and burger joint and you should know what you are getting yourself in to.
Only 1 complaint I would have about the Royal West Indies is that they have 2 Hobie Cat sailboats available for guests to sign out and use. We were planning on going for a sail on Sunday and both boats were broken on that day. A small disappointment and if it were than important we could have walked a couple hundred yards down the beach towards the Ocean Club and rented one for $50 or so.
We took the Gecko for transportation and while economical it wasn't worth the "schlepping around" necessary for that mode of travel. We ended up getting taxis ($10 a trip plus tip) by the end of the trip rather than dealing with the Gecko.
- Snorkeling at Coral Gardens was great.
- The Club Med next door didn't look to be all that great.
- The Ocean Club was up to the standard of the RWI as we had heard.
- The Sands seemed very nice but I think it is more expensive than the RWI.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, West Indies, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal West Indies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal West Indies Hotel Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Providenciales
- Royal West Indies Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales