“Great Location, Great Value!”

Royal West Indies Resort
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great Location, Great Value!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

At first glance I did not think this resort was as nice as some of the others on the beach, but for the price it was well worth it. Every staff member was extremely friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious, and the resort is small and private. The food at the restaurant was pretty good, but the bar was a little slow. The best part about this resort is it is located right in the middle of Grace Bay Beach, which provided us access to many good restaurants, the casino, and shops. You basically walk out your door and you are at the beach, which makes for a very relaxing vacation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mandy F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was the second time staying at the Royal West for me and my family. It truly is one of the nicest places we've stayed on Provo. The location to the beach is perfect. The restaurant is an excellent place for any meal and the bar far is wonderful too. The staff is extremely curtious and helpful, willing to accommodate you wherever possible. I wod recommend staying here if looking to have a relaxing and close to the action stay!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Snorkelmansam
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first trip to provo. We traveled a fimily of 4 and stayed at royal west indies resort. This was a great experience for us. Stayed at building 6 w pool view on the first floor. There was no mold in the room, i was first not happy about it but we really enjoyed it after all. Having breakfast outside and easy acess to the pool and beach area just walking out of living. We had a one bedroom joined with studio. Plenty of space , one bedroom has a bigger bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. Only u need to bring spices, oil for coooking. They even had sugar there. Dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, electric stove and microwave. We did a lot of cooking. Grocery store 10 min or less on the bike. Bikes are usually are gone at around 4pm when new ppl arrive and need to shop. Always there in the morning and before 3-4pm. Its an easy ride take a right from resort and on the first runabout take left. The store will be on ur right.
Beach is gourgeous, clean, and quite. We did some snorkeling saw a
Large star fish, stingray, small silver fish and a good size barracuda of about 6 feet or more (that was early morning, dont wear jewerly or anything shiny, this fish is attracted by that and may attack by. Mistake)
My fav snorkeling site is smith reef - abundance of corals, not so much fish we saw. Snorkeled at 2pm though. Most fish present out and about early morning or later in the day. Then alexandra princess national park by coral gardens hotel was also very lovery, sad picture of people walking over corals and lot of dead corals too. Be aware that some of them that look fragile may cut u badly and sting too. Preserve this beauty!! We saw here a lion fish, another stingray, plenty of little fish. Snorkeled later in the day from4 to 6pm.
My fav spot was chalk sound - absolutely gourgeous waters and view from las brisas. We did canoeing there for 35 an hour with me and my parents. That was because it was 3 of us. It was not bad and non of us are athletic. We finished ealier than an hour. We had some grouper sandwiches from them which were great.
We were not ale to find taylor bay but end up at sapodilla bay and saw a small nursing shark there by the shore. Its good for kids but i thought grace bay is more fun for us than thee, although vews are gourgeous...
I cant upload pict from ipad for some reason but ill try to do ot later from computer.
Enjoy your trip and this lovely hotel !!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank katya5043
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've stayed at the RWI several times, the most recent being for 8 days, end of May 2012. We continue to believe this is this best resort on Provo for the money, and it's certainly on the best stretch of beach for any money. Furthermore, the resort staff is absolutely top notch; consistently professional, willing, and helpful.

About two years ago the RWI changed hands and we've been watching to see what effect that change might have. So far, the biggest change seems to be the restaurant/bar has new owners, name, and menu -- we think the food is better than ever, so no worries there.

In general, we continue to be very happy with the resort, but there does seem to be a bit of a tendancy to "go tourist" -- BBQ on the beach, etc. (Great if you haven't any dinner plans; not so great when you're enveloped in greasy billows of smoke from the cooking when trying to enjoy the beautiful end-of-the-day on the beach.) Also -- please, please get rid of that enormous bright blue plastic used towel bin directly on the otherwise gorgeous walkway from the beach. Talk about ruining the ambiance! These are relatively small matters, but we, and I think most visitors to TCI, love the Islands because they are NOT Aruba or St. Thomas or Jamaica. We vote for keeping it simple and letting the natural beauty reign. Beyond that, all we really need are clean sheets, cold Turks Head beer, and a good dinner.

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor. Third floor balconies have no cover -- pretty hot during the day.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D0ntFenceMeIn
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2012

6 buildings, only 3 stories high, beautifuly landscaped grounds, terrific food at the Pelican Bay restaurant, great service with a smile.

Room Tip: Our room was in the bulding closest to the beach, on the third floor, would definitely recommend. We...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet H
sunnydelight25
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom botanical suite in building 7 second floor. Our room over looked the quiet pool. We arrived early for check in so they suggested we eat lunch at their restaurant Pelican Bay. I had a turkey club (nothing special) and my husband had the fish and chips (very tasty.) We ended up checking in about a half hour early.
Our room was very spacious, clean, and well equipped. There was a large balcony with table and chairs. Living room had sleeper sofa, coffee table, two chairs, large flat screen tv, and writing desk. Our full kitchen had everything we needed except kitchen towels, which housekeeping left for us without even asking. Bathroom was sufficient but not my favorite. It had a shower in tub and I prefer just walkin tile/stone shower. There were plenty of towels, toiletries and even a hairdryer. Bedroom had large comfy bed and tons of space for luggage and clothes. Closet had iron, ironing board, hangers, pant hangers, dirty clothes hamper, luggage rack, and safe. We did have to get our safe reset because of dead batteries but wasn't an issue serviced immediately. The bellman/service man (jack of all trades) was always attentive to our needs. Wish I could remember his name very friendly enjoyed many conversations with him throughout our stay.
The resort grounds are stunning very lush and tropical. This is the one thing that I thought I was going to miss about Mexico but nope not at all!! Gorgeous flowers surrounding the entrance, wacky little cacti lining the walkways, and huge palm tree throughout the resort. Oh and lizards! LOTS of lizards sunbathing on the walkways. Another thing I thought I'd miss from my Mexico trips.
The pool areas are tropical oases. The one is a quiet adult area with a hot tub. It seemed like a perfect area to read a book on one of the chaise lounge chairs under an umbrella. The other pool is next to the restaurant not very secluded but was never crowded. It would have been great for swimming laps. We didn't use the pools because the water was too warm for us. Not to mention the beach oh my goodness the beach!!!
The beach was breathtaking. Super soft white sand and crystal clear water. The beach was never crowded no matter what time we were there. Always plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. This was our first trip to Provo and I have never seen a beach like this. We did travel to other beach areas on the island but never found a better spot then right in front of Royal West Indies. My husband doesn't really like the ocean but I couldn't get him out of the water on this trip. In fact we almost extended our trip by two days but had to get home to our dog. ;)
Oh only real negative that I can think of was the dryer had rust in it which got on some of my beach clothes.
I would absolutely stay here again. I'm already figuring out a way to return!

Room Tip: I think any room would be great at this resort. Not a far walk to beach from any building. I did l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunnydelight25
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family stayed at the Royal West Indies from June 3 thru June 10, 2012. We had booked a 1 bedroom oceanview suite. Once we checked in, we were put in room 835. We were dissapointed in the view of the room as there was no view of the ocean. We complained to the front desk and they were going to move us to a different room but they didn't have any available. The staff decided to switch our rate to the botanical rate, instead of oceanview rate, so I was ok with that.

As far as the room and resort itself, the room was very clean and had all of the amenities that we were looking for. The main pool area by the restaurant was great and clean. Also, the beach was fantastic.

We are looking forward to returning to the Royal West Indies in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family