“We just loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harbour Club Villas & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Providenciales
Harbour Club Villas & Marina
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Montréal
“We just loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

My wife and I were looking to spend some romantic holyday far from the horde of tourist. After spending some time searching and reading on the web, we found the Harbour Club Villas Resort. We decided to give it a try and it was an excellent decision :) We spent 1 week there and it was just wonderful ! Provo is a paradise !

Everything was just perfect honnestly. Marta and Barry were very friendly, helpfull and wonderful hosts. The villa was cozy and cumfortable and the location of the villa is perfect if you want to explore the island since it is kind of in the middle of the island.

Make sure to rent a car, you will need one ! (We took it from Scooter Bob)

The beaches are just awesome. If you like quiet and not crowded beaches, well this island is perfect for that. Marta and Barry know perfectly the island and they will give you any needed tip or info.

Basically all the positive feedbacks stated in the previous posts are true. If you want to spend a lovely romantic and quiet holyday.. This is the place to go ! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

Heard about Harbour Club Villas from research we did on the Internet. From the moment we called, we were met with the same warm hospitality we received when we actually arrived. We stayed only a short week and then sadly had to leave. The accommodations are super clean, warm, spacious and private. Before we even left, we were making plans to come back. When it comes to service, Barry and Marta treat you like friends. They have thought of just every little thing!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I really had mixed feelings about staying here before my fellow diver and I arrived at this resort. We arrived in out rental car and as soon as Marta greeted us with her friendly hug all was forgotten. Both Marta and Barry are excellant hosts. Always there if you needed anything, but never around when you didn't. They keep everything in tip top shape. Everything is in order and very clean. They answered all our typical traveler questions. By the time we left, it felt as though we were leaving family behind. They are the ultimate hosts(even though they are Canadians). I travel all over the world to scuba dive and to snow ski and this was truely one of the most accommodating places I've stayed. Thanks for a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank iwantjerry
Germantown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

Recently returned from Provo and our stay at Harbour Club Villas. Having read the reviews prior to arriving. I wondered if it could be as great as it sounded. I now can tell you, everything that people have said is true. My buddy and I do a scuba trip once or twice a year and have been all over the world. Our week with Barry and Marta was one of the best we have had anywhere. From the moment we arrived and Marta greeted us as we got out of our rental car, with a hug I might add. To the moment we left. We were treated like family. Anything we needed, they took care of. Including Barry digging up a couple of old TC license plates for our collection.
The villas are very roomy, comfortable and private. They are a bit off the beaten path. But, that is what we were looking for. Having said that, everything in Provo is very spread out. a rental car is a must. The villas are close to the IGA, the Wine Cellar, the airport and best of all the marina. We were there to dive and the dive boat was a two minute walk down the hill. On the south side of the island. That's where the best diving is. West Caicos and Fench Caye. So, if you are coming to Provo to dive...you could not pick a better place to stay. Bar none!!!
We used Caicos Adventures for our diving. And I can tell you they are a first rate operation. As their ads say...They do have the best boats on the island. And just maybe the best crew. We were out with Aza, Emma, Sarah and Roger almost everday. Fifi on one of the days.They were a blast to dive with and took care of all our needs. There are alot of dive operations in Provo. I highly reccommend Caicos Adventures. Oh yes, the wall diving was excellent. Water was a bit colder than I would have liked..but, all the sharks and eagle rays made up for it.
Everything is somewhat expensive on the island. But, we knew that going in. So, if your prepared..no problem. Ask Barry and Marta where the deals are. They know everyhing about Provo...just ask them.
So, in closing..thanks Barry and Marta for an extraordinary week with you. Jerry and I really enjoyed the night up on the hill..drinking beer and telling storys..the view was fantastic. Thanks for the invite.
If your here because your coming to TC...you can't go wrong staying with Barry and Marta...and it just may be the best decision you ever made.
Feel free to contact with any questions you might have.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank chrisgermantown
Central Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We just returned from a week at the Harbour Club. If you have been reading the other reviews, I don't need to repeat the comments about the hosts, Marta & Barry....but just say that I agree whole-heartedly.
They know and understand customer service and genuinely love entertaining and educating their guests about the island. The villas are a wonderful value compared with other hotels and resorts. But I feel I should emphasize that the villas are located down a long, bumpy & dusty road. It doesn't take too long to get anywhere, but that road is always the start and ending to every trip. I would also like to point out that you cannot get to the ocean from the villas...you have to drive (however, it is not far to a beautiful, secluded beach at Turtle Tail).
I have no negatives at all with the actual villas or the hosts, they were both great. But make sure you understand that you will be driving for everything except the marina for scuba diving and perhaps fishing excursions, which is right down the hill. I wasn't sure from the other comments if you could walk to a beach, but now I know that you cannot.
Another thing I think I should point out is that even the pool/BBQ area is very nice, the pool itself is very small....so if that is important to you, take note.
I loved exploring so many things on Provo and North & Middle Caicos with Marta & Barry's advice, which I probably would not have done if I would have stayed at a big resort. But a nice compromise would have been to stay at a resort for the last couple days to have a beach and restaurant right there, along with a bigger pool.
Another tip: we rented a car from Scooter Bob which was super easy, no hassles. But we opted for the cheapest 4WD and it was open on the back half (I saw many of the same type around town from Scooter Bob). That would be fine except for the dirty, dusty roads. We got somewhat cleaned/dressed up for a couple fancy meals and by the time I got there I felt dirty. Also, you couldn't lock it up. So when you reserve, make sure it is a vehicle that allows you to put the windows up!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paule02
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We recently returned from one week in Providenciales staying at the Harbour Villas and Marina, what a wonderful place. Marta and Barry were fantastic hosts offering us plenty of ideas for things to do and see in and around the island and surrounding islands. The villas themselves were very clean, comfortable and quiet, it was "our home" for seven days. If you are not in to the hotel life, like we aren't, then Harbour Villas and Marina is the best place to stay. Can't say enough about this wonderful hidden gem.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PJRattigan
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

Having decided that Providenciales was the island that we wanted to visit, we then looked for a "nice" villa or apartment to use as a base from where I ( Janet ) could go fly fishing for Bonefish & my husband Keith could relax, read, explore, take photos etc. We wanted somewhere quiet but nice.
What we found was far exceeded our expectations.
The Harbour Club Villas - 6 of them - are owned & run by husband & wife team, Marta & Barry. What we discovered right from my 1st email to them is that they genuinely care about their guests. They bent over backwards to answer queries and helped us in everything. When we arrived they made us feel sooooo welcome. All the time we stayed at the villa they were always on hand if we needed advice on where to fish / eat / explore, but at the same time gave us complete privacy.
The villas are lovely. Spacious, very well equipped and comfortable. Every villa has it's own private patio and view of Flamingo Lake. Perfect for breakfast and relaxing in the evenings. Or there is the great pool and BBQ area. The grounds are fabulous. Very well maintained.
Marta makes the bed, removes the rubbish, puts fresh flowers on the tables, and fills the bathroom with piles of huge, fluffy towels. You very rarely get that amount of attention in UK self catering! Thank you Marta.
Now for the Bonefishing. I fished right outside our villa in falmingo Lake. No luck there, but elsewhere ( ask Marta!!! ) at a deserted beach with miles of flats, with only Keith, an osprey and 3 pelicans for company, I caught my first ever bonefish. Wow. What a buzz! 2 days later I caught number 2.
I am a moderately experianced fly fisher, and last year had a half day with a guide in Grand Cayman. This plus a lot of practise in casting accuracy, I think enabled me to fisf ( wading ) with a certain amount of confidence. Novices should in my humble opinion book guided fishing for at least a few hours. The bonefish are notoriously difficult to spot, let alone catch!
A vehicle of some description is almost a must if you want to make the most of your stay here. The villas are in a quiet part of the island, and although the distances to beaches, supermarket, restaurants etc. are not great, they would be difficult to reach with transport.
If you are looking for a busy, full of nightlife, beach holiday, then don't stay here. If you want peace and quiet in an unspolit locality, then this is the place for you.
Keith and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple