After looking for a place take my son and his school friend bonefishing I was intrigued with some third hand reports about DIY (do it yourself) bonefishing in the Turks and Caicos. Web research proved somewhat useful but the deal was sealed when time after time the name Harbour Club Villas appeared in the stories. After reviewing their website I dashed off a few emails and upon receiving good information from Marta, settled on Harbour Club and a fishing package that included two days with belonger bonefish guide Darin Bain. I could not have made a better choice. The villas are centrally situated such they allow easy access to everything Provo has to offer yet are tucked away on Venetian Road hard between two large salt lakes (Flamingo and Turtle) and facing the ocean on the southern side of the property (the Marina part of Harbour Club Villas and Marina). As such, they create a private, relaxed and perfectly positioned base of operations for folks wishing to really explore a new place.
That they are owned and operated by two very gracious Canadians (my family roots are in Canada) is the special component to why we loved staying there. Marta and Barry greet you like family and treat you like honored guests - quick to help in any way but with a light touch and laid back style so evocative of Provo itself. They are consumate innkeepers and run a great operation that allows for privacy as well as sociability. They love their island home and they want to do whatever they can to help you come to love it as well. And when you love what you do, success is almost inevitable.
Travelers should know the villas are set in a garden format clustered around a small but inviting pool and looking down over Flamingo Lake. They are well laid out, large one bedroom apartments with L-shaped living areas, full (and well appointed kitchens), many fans to keep a light breeze flowing and a large bathroom. They are conspiculously clean and are amply supplied with clean linen and towels. For a group of three fishermen looking to mix and match homemade meals with dining out and exploration fishing along with guided days afloat there could be no better place to set up camp. It really was the perfect spot.
Harbour Club Villas was a lovely introduction to this wonderful destination and anybody looking for the personal touch to guide they visit owes it to themselves to take advantage of Marta and Barry's easy hospitality. And if you love to bonefish, make sure you talk to them about booking Captain Bain. The combination of your own (temporary) piece of Provo along with the chance to float some of the most pristine, beautiful and perfect flats ever experienced by this fisherman simply cannot be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Club Villas and Marina is a six villa estate uniquely located on two waterfronts between ocean and lake on Provo's tranquil south shore and all within a short, five minute drive to Grace Bay beach. Six, one bedroom villas ideal for couples, families and small groups. We have scuba dive boats leaving our marina daily and bonefishing in the lakes right out your villa door. Rent one villa or rent them all and have the entire resort for your next group event. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Club Villas And Marina
- Harbour Club Villas & Marina Hotel Providenciales
- Harbour Hotel Providenciales
- Harbour Hotel Marina
- Harbour Club Villas & Marina Turks And Caicos/Providenciales